Chapter 4 Agitation

The bell for the next period finally rang. I let out a sigh of relief because I could finally leave the bathroom.

As soon as our physical education class ended and after I was declared one of the tournament participants, I immediately ran towards the bathroom on the fourth floor. It was the farthest one from the gym, and I doubt that Alexa would follow me here.

My situation has gotten worse, and I knew that confronting an angry she-wolf would mean trouble for me. And I don't just mean physically. Somewhere in my gut tells me to stay away from Alexa in the meantime because there was no telling what she would do. She already warned me to stay out of her way, but my panther just had to be a shithead and run. Everyone knows that female wolfs are easily provoked!

Normally, I could handle her harassment, but I feel like she would scare my panther again with her mood, and I am afraid I would shift to protect myself.

And that is something that could never happen.
I got out of the cubicle that I was hiding and listened to my surroundings. I could hear receding footsteps in the room, and I took that as a good signal for me to leave. I was still in my gym clothes. It was going to be a long way from here to the gym.

I guess I would have to skip one class for today. I thought as I made my way to the gym.

I carefully made my way around the school hallway and ensured that I wouldn't see any hall monitors lurking around. I don't want to get caught in my gym clothes and dragged into class. That would be humiliating.

I finally made it to the gym room and had just gotten my clothes out of my locker when I caught a scent in the air. I felt my fangs extending and immediately covered my mouth with my clothes as I turned back. Standing by the door was Alexa. She had her arms crossed over her chest as she glared at me murderously.

"I don't get it." I heard her whispering the words carefully. "How..." She breathed out and took slow and careful steps towards me. "How can a reject like you can run like that?" The glint in her eyes caught my attention and made me stiffen. Her eyes usual dark brown pupils got more prominent and darker. She was morphing.

My heart began to palpitate, and I lowered my head so my eyes would be covered with my hair. I felt my vision slowly beginning to change as my panther was emerging.

"How can a nobody like you gets to ruin and embarrass me among my peers!?" My reflexes kicked in, and I moved out of the way the moment I saw her lunging at me.

The locker door was bent up pretty badly from her punch. The damage on the door looks like it was a crumpled piece of paper at this point. My fear was starting to become overwhelming, the I felt my claws starting to appear. I dug my nails into my clothes to hid them. Right now, I have to deal with a certain she-wolf.

"M-maybe I can still ask the coach to reconsider." It was hard to speak with my fangs in the way, but at least I managed to sound normal. A normal and shaken up person rather.

Alexa lets out a guttural laugh. "You intend to hand over your position voluntarily to embarrass me?"
"That's not what I want!"

A loud crash was heard the moment she punched the locker to the side once again. This time, she punched a hole through it. "You're just a reject. You never really belonged to the pack, so you don't have a pride to protect. Someone like you wouldn't understand."

"I know. I'm sorry." I said. "I am just a reject. I am not a wolf, and I know that I will never be one.But I do know that it is illegal to kill someone when they are a member of your pack! I am not a werewolf, but I am still in the pack until I leave at 18." It was a long shot, but I was still trying to reason out with her. We were nearing a full moon, which meant that most wolves were beginning to become agitated. I doubt that Alexa has any control over her wolf at the moment. I don't even think that she's the one in power right now.