Stupid Ass Pinky

Rewritten is now published! It's better for me as a writer to create something I love then drag on with something I don't.

The Rewritten will
-have similar plot
-same characters
-have smoother transition
-overall better, just saying

It would mean a lot if you would check it out

Love,
Allie

Stupid Ass Pinky

I sat in the Nurse's office with multiple awkward band-aids on my face as the nurse finished wrapping up my forearm and gave me a generic blue and white sling to wear. I was handed an icepack for the other injured hand. Turns out that bat crazy Cara sprained my arm with her Judo.

"Now kid," the gruff voice of our male nurse Darnell wrote a note for my teachers. "You said it didn't hurt too much to go to the hospital..."

That was a lie, my arm felt like Satan was rubbing his flame trident on my arm. I hated going to the hospital.

"Frankly, I don't believe you. If you have any discomfort or need to get new ice, you're free to come in," He handed the blue slip of paper with a lazy signature. I looked up at him. I swear I could just draw a couple swirls and no one would pay attention to the hall pass.

I picked up my backpack on the way out, and made my way to my current class, English. Knowing Devin and Cara were in that class, I took my sweet time. It was inevitable. The wooden door with the number 274 was in front of my face. Sighing, blowing the dark tendrils of my hair that were loose from the fight, I lightly kicked on the door because of my throbbing hand and sprained arm.

The door opened by Mr. Alexa, who looked at me with an expression of pity and disappointment. Confused, I made my way to the middle of the classroom where my empty desk was. I tried my best to ignore all the murmurs and the snickering. Oh right, because all I wanted was to be reminded about how I got my ass kicked by a 5'2 Cara. I ignored everyone, especially the douche next that sat next to me. I took a peek at him and saw he had a red handprint on his face. It was slowly turning purple and I felt my lips grow to resemble the Cheshire Cat's smile. An evil laugh was crawling up my throat and my lips twitched.

A Snickers bar was pushed on my desk by a hand to my right. My eyes followed the arm up to a wary Devin. He looked like he was poking the bear, hesitant and was aware for any sudden movements by me. I knew what it meant (the candy bar). Ever since we were little and one of us was mad or sad, we would give each other a piece of candy ( the bigger the mistake; the bigger the candy) to ask for forgiveness or to make the other feel better. Once the treat was given we would lock pinkies, to put the past behind us.

I opened the giant Snickers bar and ate a third of it, getting out To Kill a Mockingbird, the book the class was reading (I had read it twice already). A long pinky came to my view. I slowly turned around and leaned forward, keeping in mind that we were supposed to be silently reading our novel.

"I get my ass kicked by your crazy ass ex-girlfriend in front of the whole school and you buy a Snickers bar for a buck seventy-five from a school vending machine to say sorry? And you think I was going to forgive you that easily?!" I shouted in a hushed tone.

"It was two dollars and fifty cents." Devin whispered back.

I looked at his pinky which was still out and slapped it with the 288 page novel in my hand. "Get your stupid ass pinky out of my face Devin!" I yelled out in full tone, single handedly gathering the attention of the whole class.

Devin yelped and sucked on the red little finger, pouting at me. Mr. Alexa looked up at the class, then back down, probably to go on Amazon like he always did. Devin leaned in, flicking his pinky in the air. "Okay Jayne, I deserved that and I'm sorry, I'll buy you anything--I'll do anything, just don't shut me out okay? You're my best friend."

I was so close to forgiving him but decided against it. All the stunts and sacrifices I have done for Devin made him think he could burn a country down and still have me happily forgiving him and by his side. Devin deserved the cold shoulder, he was acting like a spoiled man-child.

I turned away from the brat and finally opened my book when a note came flying my way.

Listen bitch, that's a nice way to start of a letter.

I don't want to have to beat your ass up again and risk getting suspended or expelled. Wow, wonder who this is...

There was a strict no violence policy at Boyden High and those who were expelled would be sent to an alternative school all the way across town. I thought about it, the teachers surely saw Cara attacking me, so why was she still here?

Just break up with Devin and I won't tell the school about last year. I know EVERYTHING.

I crumpled the letter, got up from my seat and threw it in the garbage in the corner of the class. Sitting back in the seat, I picked up a pencil on my desk, saw my aim and threw it at a smirking Cara. Her face contorted in a grimace as the pencil hit her in the middle of her face. The kids who saw snickered and I turned back, facing foward with a Grinch-like smile. Then my mind processed the letter, I looked at Devin angrily and scoffed at my so-called best friend. I couldn't believe he told her. Devin looked at me with confusion and I became angrier.

I packed my bag purposely making as much noise possible and started out the classroom. Devin would be the main one out of the few people who knew what happened.

"Miss Dixon! Where do you think you're going?" Oh, so now Mister Teacher is concerned.

"To the nurse!" I shouted out my lie as I exited the class. I started crying in anger as I walked down the barren hallways, well knowing that in this situation I would be crying on Devin's shoulder or calling him for comfort.

I called the only other person that could help.

"Hello, Jayne?" He picked up after the third ring.

"Hey Jack, If you're not busy, can you pick me up? I'm at school."

"I'm at work, can you wait about twenty minutes for my lunch break?"

"Yeah, thank you so much."

I snuck out to the school front yard and pulled out a joint , needing to pass time. I looked in the side pocket of my backpack and cursed out loud at the missing lighter, Devin must have taken it last time. Asshole. Putting my joint in my empty altoid can, I sighed and leaned back on a oak tree.

"Jayne!" I looked behind the tree and saw Devin running toward me. Deja Vu.

"Give me my lighter and leave." I held my hand out, cutting to the chase.

"You left it at my house-"

"Leave then." I turned around and pulled out the Snickers bar to take another bite.

"I'm sorry Jayne, what do I have to do to earn your forgiveness?"

I looked up at Devin, squinting from the sun behind him, acting like a halo around his head. "Devin, you have put me in a lot of shit over the last few years making you spoiled. You think you can just waltz out here and I will forgive you, give me time. I want you to suffer right now."

"But--" Devin pouted.

"But nothing. If Rebecca was here she would surely be disappointed."

"Alright, I get it, just let me take you home at least."

"No need. I called Jack."

"Jack?" Devin scowled. "You don't want me to give you a ride-- me, your best friend? But you let Jack?"

"Yes." I answered simply looking at him. I took a bite out of the piece of chocolate, wondering what Devin would do or say next.

"Fine!" Devin stomped away.

"This is why!" I shouted at his back, "You--You big baby!"

Devin turned around giving me the finger, and I stuck mine up as well.

Fifteen long, empty minutes later with a Snickers wrapper, a black mazda pulled up and I picked up my stuff and opened the passenger seat, closing the door after me, ready to leave.

******

Who do you think Jack could be?