Chapter 9: March 12th 12:30 AM

Începe de la început

"It's alright, Chongyun." Amber said. "Um, right. So...uh...I need...to ask someone out," She said, rubbing the nape of her neck and blushing.

"Do you have someone in mind?"

"Uh...yes. Her name is Eula..."

Chongyun's eyes widened. "Wow. You should just...ask her. I'm not sure. Try asking Xingqiu about it."

"Hmm...why don't I do it now?" Amber gave a quick, cheerful wave and bounded over to Xingqiu.

"Hi Xingqiu!" She said.

"Hi Amber. How are you on this fine afternoon?" Xingqiu ginned.

"I'm great! I—uh..." In an instant, Amber was blushing, her cheeks dusting a fine layer of pink. "Um...I need to ask someone out for the prom. I don't know how or what..."

Xingqiu's eyes lit up. "Just ask them! If you wait for them to ask you, it's not going to work."

"But...oh alright!" Amber said as she picked up her bag. "I'll get going now..."

"Bye Amber!" Called Xingqiu.

Amber waved and left the classroom. Noise filled the classroom as people started having conversations.

Xingqiu dragged Chongyun out after they packed up their stuff.

It was sunny outside the school, but it still had a cold breeze. "Chongyun, can we take a break from all this pressure for exams? Can we go to my favorite coffee shop? It's right down the street. They have cold lattes and such. We can get some drinks and take a small break."

Chongyun agreed, so they started heading down the block to a small café nearby.

Xingqiu opened the door when they arrived. They stepped inside. The coldness contrasted from the heat from outside, and yet it wasn't too hot outside nor was it too cold inside. Bells chimed, alerting the cashier...which was—

"Zhongli?" Asked Xingqiu, shocked.

"Hello, Xingqiu." Said Zhongli, not coldly.

"How are you?"

"I am etiquette, thank you." Said Zhongli, nodding his head.

"I didn't know you worked here..." Said Xingqiu.

"I don't. I am filling in as a volunteer for after school."

Xingqiu nodded. "Alright. I'll have a matcha green tea latte."

Zhongli dipped his head, tapping the screen of his computer before turning to Chongyun.

"...The special Frozen Sea drink, please."

"As a warning, that one is cold."

Chongyun shrugged and nodded in confirmation.

Zhongli tapped the screen with his finger. "Two thousand mora."

Chongyun took mora out of his pouch, but Xingqiu quickly stepped up and handed Zhongli the money. "Please let me pay." He said. "I invited you."

Chongyun argued but eventually Xingqiu paid anyways.

Zhongli nodded. "Thank you for coming here. I shall have your order." He then busied himself to make the drinks the two boys ordered.

Xingqiu and Chongyun sat down at a table. "How are you, Yunyun?" Asked Xingqiu.