SIDHARTH X SANJANA

When Worlds Collide

"Hume pata tha, humse na ho paego je sab. Dhatt!" Sanjana banged her hand against the wall in disappointment. She was looking tired and worn out, her forehead had crease that wasn't willing to leave. She was feeling helpless at her pity self. She's of no use, she thought.
"Abhi Karan Sirji ne kaha hoto ki Sanjana ek drill arrange karno hai, to jhat se kardi hoto humne. Turant se bhi pehle, par ye proposal vraposal humse ho hi na sakto Hai. Kisi kaam ki na hai tu Sanjana Dubey." She again banged her hand. Sanjana has been planning a grand date for Sid so that she can propose him but all she did was creating a reck. It's 7 in the evening and she isn't even dressed properly. All her plans seems like a failure to her. Plain failure.
At first she decided to take help of Monami but then resorted to do everything herself. Because she wanted to do it all alone. "Ab lagto hai Monami se madad le Leni chahiye thi. Ka chala jata humara agar usse puch lete ke Sid ko ye sab pasand aaega ke bhi na, ya fir vo thoda hath batwa deti to." Sanjana looked at her surroundings and leaned against the only wall. She let out a cold sigh as Sid's words again crossed her mind.

"Kehdo na Sanju that you love me."

She never expressed this to him but every minute the realisation, the belief gets stronger in her heart that Sid deserves everything good. She knows he deserves an i love you from her side. What she didn't know is how to say it. Two days back when she finally sketched a plan in her mind, she was joyful but now that she sees the outcome, Sanju is once again in a fix.

"Sanju ne kuch kaha tujhse? Did she confess Sid?" Sanjana heard Monami asking Sid a week back, as she was hopping around with a big smile on her face as she and Sid had an outing that evening.

"No bro! We just went for an outing. And usko jab propose karna hoga kar degi. Now I'm not gonna ask her. You know why Monu?" Sanju knew it's not correct to eavesdrop a conversation but then those two best friends were talking about her. So why not!

"Because use I love you bolna aata hi nahi hai, vo keh hi nahi paati hai. She feels but doesn't know how to say." The smile vanished, and a lone tear passed Sanjana's cheek. The happiness died and sadness took over. Still as hard as she seems, Sanjana gulped it all down her throat and decided to prove him wrong while walking past the room, leaving the best friends talking about her.

"Badi turram Khan banne chali thi na Sanju, ab kaa hogo." Sanjana came back to reality but then again a voice changed the colours of her face.

"Turraaa- what?" It was Sidharth. Sanju grew pale yellow. No! No! No! This could not be true. He can't walk into her like this. She asked him to come at 8. How dare of him to come early?

"Sanju!" His deep concerned voice made a shiver ran down her spine. She knows he has seen their vicinity. "What the duck!" Sanju mimicked him in frenzy while she heard him opening his mouth in a big "WHAT? what did you just say?" Sidharth hopped in front of her finally.

"Sanju?" He saw her, she knows. Though she closed her eyes the moment he came in front of her but she knows he has seen everything. Her, her set up and her failure.

Sid took a step back. He couldn't take it all in a go. Sanjana was looking like a goddess in that rich violet coloured dress he gifted her when they were just mere strangers - strangers but soulmates.