VASHMA X UDAY

When Universe Conspires

Prompt : OS on my personal and recent favourite couple from Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye ~ VashmAy
Based on the recent track of their date amidst the riots.

What Vashma and Uday saw in front of their eyes was something they never expected. A small fight leading to bloodshed in front of them, when they just weren't able to even hold each other. İt was meant to be special, memorable and dreamy but now what should they remember about their first date. She was so excited when he asked her out, when he nuzzled in her, when he took the control, held her hand and hovered over her. She was on seventh heaven. Vashma never ever was ready to witness something they call murder. An old man was killed, whose blood smeared over her and Uday, that too when they were not side by side. When she was not able to feel his warmth, his protective aura around her. İt was lost. Uday was thinking if he ever will get a chance to have his Vashma with him? What if something happens to him and he never gets the chance to hold her hand? But somehow they escaped,, Vashma saved him, she made him wear the cap, which she calls kufi. She saved her but he felt altogether new and strange. What if he was demeaning his religion? What if he was disrespecting her religion as well by wearing that,, just for the sake of his life?? Uday is puzzled by all these thoughts as he's sitting in his room alone, thinking about whatever has happened today. İt's 11 in the night, and all his family members are in fear and are tired. But he has to address the elephant in the room. He can't let go of what happened today. He still is having that kufi with him, and he should return it back and tell her not to do such thing again...! But tonight is not the right time. He will have a talk, when she will come to his house tomorrow.

_____________

Uday has been impatiently tapping his foot on the floor as he is waiting for Vashma. But it's 12 in the noon, and she hasn't come. Why??
"Amrit se puchta hu. Ye Vashma abhi tak aai kyu nhi..!" He said to himself and headed to Amrit's room.

"Amrit..! Amrit!" He called her.

"Haan boliye..!" She came out of her room. Amrit is bandaged as she got hurt due to the riot.

"Tu thik hai na..!" He asked all worried to which she nodded smilingly.

"Acha ye bata Vashma aai hui hai kya? Aaj subah se gayab hai vo!?"

"Nhi aaj nhi aai. Balki mai bhi ghar se bahar nhi jaungi..!"

"Arre tu to ese keh rahi hai jese tum dono kitna darti ho..!"

"Nhi veer ji. Aaj bhi dange hogye to. Mainu nhi jana kahi. Or vo Vashma..mai janti hu use bahar se bhut dikhati hai ke use dar nhi lagta. Par mujhe pata hai, kal jo manzar hum sab ne dekhe hain..uska asar uspr bhi bahut hua hai...." She said being all tensed about her best friend.

And Uday realised how much scared Vashma was yesterday when she saw that man dying.

"Sahi keh rhi hai tu Amrit. Jab mai hi kal itna dar gaya tha..to vo to.. pr nahi mainu milna hai usse. Dekhta hu kesi hai vo!" And before Amrit could stop him, he left for Vashma's house.