Izana // Starting Over

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Your stupidity will be the death of you."

"Huh?"

"Are you in your right mind? You were about to fall."

"Huh?"

Izana then pinched the bridge of his nose. He took something from his pocket and wiped your tears. "There, so you can see clearly." You looked in front of you and saw the stairs. You were about to run to the stairs.

"Breaking a neck is a painful way to die." He added.

Still disoriented, You looked down because you felt pressure on your chest. There, you see his arm over your chest while his palm, groping your left boob.

"My... My boob. A palm on my boob," You whispered and looked back at Izana. Izana then looked at his hand and quickly let go.

"It's... It's not my fault that you're stupid. You were about to fall so I had to grab you. Tch." He took your hand and put his handkerchief on your palm. "Whatever that is going on with you... Still be careful." He then walked away.

"I'll wash this before I return this to you." You said.

"Throw them away. I don't need it."

"Ah, Uhm..." you panicked a little "Thank you for saving me!"

He just lifted his hand as a response but he didn't look back.

"That girl, She was crying last time and then today too," Izana whispered as he stared at his palm.

That day when you saw Izana with tears, He saw you too with your eyes puffy from crying.

The next day at lunchtime, you muster the courage to walk towards Izana. You felt Shin's eyes following you as you passed him and Waka.

"Here. I washed it. I never had the chance to thank you properly so... Thank you so much for saving me twice." You handed him his handkerchief.

"I told you to throw it away. I don't need it back." He leaned close to the handkerchief. "It smells like flowers. I hate flowers."

"I've searched this brand and it costs 5000 yen! You can't just throw 5000 yen worth of handkerchief."

"Then keep it. I don't care,"

"You act cold but you were crying the—" He quickly stood up and covered your mouth. The sound of his chair gathered some attention from your class.

"Let's talk outside." He then grabbed your hand and dragged you outside the room. You looked back and saw Ran's girlfriend watching.

"What?" You asked when he let go of your hand.

"What you saw last time, keep it a secret."

"Why? Crying is good you know. it will not make you less of a man if you cry."

"That's not what I meant. I just don't want to trouble Ran's girlfriend."

"Ran's girlfriend? Can't call her by her name?"

"Just..." He paused and put his hands on his waist. "Stop meddling with my business, clearly you have your own heartbreak to deal with."

"Oh, so you really have a heartbreak. My guess was right!"

"Do you have a brain of a bird? Why is it hard to talk to you?"

"So you're insulting me now?" You paused. "Ah! I remember that you called me stupid last time!"

"You just realized that now? How slow can you go?" He paused. "Jeez! I'm losing brain cells while talking to you." He then walked past you. "Laters."

"Wait." You called and he looked back.