Prologue: Hellos & Last Goodbyes

"So, what do you intend to look for here, Titania?" Came a voice, old as time, through a rift that took shape within the midst of a jungle's discussion. The sounds of the rainforest halted momentarily, hushing the chatters of the midnight fauna and allowing the humble whispers of the flora to seize the opportunity. Thus, beginning another hymn of bristlings and brushes from the undergrowth. A figure donning the darkness as their cloak, set foot, out from the ripple in the air to graciously feel the grass beneath their feet, striding absent-mindedly through the greenery that pricked but tickled their heels. Their lack of answer, substituted by their prancing through the grass, only lured the origin of voice out from the portal of his own making, towering idly above the person who slowed mid-pirouette to face the man.

He asked once more, rumbling with inquiry, tilting his head, "what is the object that you seek, that proves to be so great for you to leave Nexonia and come here?" They gestured, raising a hand to the estimated direction of their homeworld, somewhere beyond the stars and milky way. His hand drifted back to point at the soil of the foreign planet they stood on, calmly raising a brow to the being who returned to him, eyes beaming with attentiveness, "is it so great— that you would leave your own family for it?" They whispered, crouching down to meet Titania's eye-level. Their silhouette shifted with the night, a small chuckle became disoriented and mixed amongst the transformation before a proper appearance could be made.

A face now resembling his "daughter", stood in front, "I'm not leaving, Avadikkas," she reassured, placing their hands on his much larger ones, which sparked a look of reminiscence in their fathers' eyes, easing his solemn expression as he curled his fingers, capturing the palms he raised, that were once no smaller than petals, "oh? Then do tell. Why have you decided to go to another world entirely rather than stay on our own?" Avadikkas continued, releasing the hands that decided to leave his, returning to their side. He observed Titania take a step back without falter in her smile, but their eyes could only hide the prolonged loss of an answer for only so long.

They angled themselves towards the opening through the thicket, eyeing it with a distracted temptation in contrast to their previous gaze. She spun on her heel and began to tread towards the circle of light, finding themselves blanketed by the moon's cold glow– or perhaps moons' glow, from as far as she could peer from below the canopy. With her attention divided, and questions left unanswered, Avadikkas basked in the silence, knowing well that Titania could not forget the question so soon. Shortly enough, a response came back to him, yet not in the manner he'd expected. They raised their shoulders for a moment, allowing it to fall the next with indifference to tone and expression, "I- actually don't know. I suppose just something... new, perhaps."

"Something new?" Avadikkas echoed, standing up to trace their steps to a distance, remaining in the shadows where his body was accustomed to remain, "there's always something new back on Nexonia to learn about," he attempted to persuade, unfolding a hand into the light as if to offer his daughter, the hand that would guide her back home. Unfortunately, that was no longer the case. The only thing he earned was but another moment, that never ceased to remind him that Titania was no longer an easily swayed child, obedient to a guardian's words without reluctance, "I've learned all there is for me to know about Nexonia, Avadikkas. There's nothing new there that surprises me, not anymore," she quipped, with disinterest to taint her glowing irises. She swung her head to, then fro to the stars that were littered out in about, in full presentation. Titania tilted her chin to the sky, "and besides," she resumed, "I can't learn anything new if I'm constantly on the run from people,"

Avadikkas hummed, nodding, as the spades of green above softly shuttered in place from the contact of his hair, "The Vykers, yes," he reminded himself, lifting the branches that brushed at his hair, a smidgen higher, seizing the opportunity to try and bargain with reason, "You'd be safer back home then, we could all protect you,"