He handed me a bag of elixir, and marked it as, 'medicine'.
"What's this for?" I asked.

"So it doesn't seem suspicious," Albedo said, writing a so called doctor's note. "That way you can drink it without having an suspicion laid upon your back."

"Good thinking."

Before leaving, he glanced down at the doll that was still cradled in my arms; it's tiny gown damp from the fountain water.

"Didn't know a grown man like you still liked to play with feminine toys such as dolls."

My face reddened out of embarrassment, but I managed to quickly collect myself.
"It's all an act. Keep that in mind." I snarled back at him.

Albedo escorted me out of the room, and the first thing I saw was Barbatos sitting down on a chair halfway across the shop talking with Albedo's assistant.

Barbatos's eyes flicked it's gaze over to me, and he immediately got up, and came to my side.
"Is your arm alright?" He asked me, sounding worried.  I was caught off guard by his gentle tone. Never had he ever shone remorse towards me; what's with this sudden affection?

"Ah-..yes, it doesn't hurt that much anymore." I assured him, trying to put on a childish smile. Barbatos looked at the bag Albedo had given me that was filled with my elixirs, and opened it up.

"What's all this?" He questioned Albedo. "Medicine? Is this some joke?"

"It's to help with the healing of his arm, just to fix it up and for it to not leave a scar." Albedo explained to him in a professional manner.

"Ha, last time I checked, you were an alchemist, not a doctor." Barbatos snapped at him.

"Who says I can't help the injured?" Albedo smiled. Barbatos glared at him, and then turned his back around, opening the shop door and leaving with me as the blue bird followed us out, landing onto my shoulder.

𝗕𝗔𝗥𝗕𝗔𝗧𝗢𝗦'𝗦 𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗦𝗣𝗘𝗖𝗧𝗜𝗩𝗘

I'll have to use a different disguise next time..it seems they figured that one out already. It's a shame, I really liked this skin.

"Xiao," I looked down at him. "Did that alchemist ask you anything strange or out of the ordinary?" I questioned him.

"No, he just told me to be more careful next time." He said. I wanted to believe that what he was saying was true, but something was telling me otherwise.

Don't trust him.

You could never be too careful with humans. I said nothing back to him in return, and continued on walking farther and farther away from that place. I couldn't shake off what that alchemist had said. What he had called Xiao.

"Alatus," I thought. "the vampire hunter."
I peeked a quick glance at Xiao, and saw that he wasn't paying attention to me, but the look on his face was worry.

I had heard of Alatus before; particularly more into my travels when I was in Liyue. The vampire killer, the demon hunter, the light in the dark. He had many names, all of which concluded him as a mysterious hero who worked under-..ah.

Morax.

Gosh I haven't seen him in decades. Wonder if time is catching up on him. I remember his face as clear as day, though on days when I've had too much to drink, it gets blurry. He had an apprentice; just like the one I have now. Alatus.

I've seen photos of Alatus before hanging on billboards, but his face isn't all that memorable in my mind. All I remember is a diamond on his forehead, golden cat looking eyes, and parted messy dark green hair.