𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐓𝐨 𝐂𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐌𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏

Chapter Three: Time To Clear My Name Part 1

🕸

M A R Y   J A N E

I gently lay beside my boyfriend as my head is on his shoulder and I wrap my arms around his waist. All I hear are the medical equipment making noises and weak breathing for Peter. I feel like breaking down because this was all too familiar to me. As when I was a little girl my father was in the hospital a lot due to physical abuse from my mother which at the time I didn't know. My dad Bryce Watson worked in construction and when I asked him how he got hurt he would just say it was a booboo and he was clumsy at work which I believed him. But deep down I knew he was lying and since I was just a little girl the only thing I could do was lay beside my dad and hold him hoping he'll be okay.

I've been with him for a couple of hours and haven't eaten or rested which I don't even feel like doing anyway as I'm too concerned for my boyfriend's health and don't want to abandon him in his time of need. Earlier I helped May clean and cover Peter's wounds with medical tape as well as helped May administer medication to him via his IV to treat his pain.

The room he and I were in was closed off to all Feast Volunteers, Employees, and the homeless individuals who reside inside the Feast building to give us some personal space and not bombard us as the people did in Times Square where Peter's secret identity was revealed. May who is the manager of Feast informed Martin Li the owner and founder of Feast about the situation in his office. I can hear them talking through the air duct.

M A Y

I sigh tiredly and sit at my desk. I've been trying to keep a poker face and do the necessary tasks but the emotions I feel are still so raw. I remove my glasses and cover my face as I burst into tears. Finally, the walls break down, and the dam bursts.

I sniff and feel a comforting hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Martin Li giving me a sympathetic look. I try to regain my composure as he gives me some tissues.

"It's okay to cry, May. The lioness doesn't have to be strong all the time. You aren't weak for letting others and yourself know how you really feel." Martin said softly as he rubs my back.

I nod and keep crying for a few more minutes. Martin stays with me through it all and gives me comfort. After I'm done shedding my tears I then start to feel better.

Martin hands me a cup of tea with a smile. "Here you go, May. Tea with lemon and honey. Plus a few cookies."

"Thank you, Martin. You are too kind." I said and take it from him.