𝐈𝐈. 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝

Chapter Two: Most Wanted

🕸

P E T E R   O N E

I sit up against a brick wall in a dirty alley bloody and bruised. My clothes are torn and I feel exhausted after taking down a gang of criminals and some police officers that tried to arrest me. The harsh and loud words of Mr. Jameson and the public still ring through my head.

Am I worthy of being a hero? Sure I've done well by saving lives, stopping crime, and making my neighborhood a safer place but I've also been reckless countless times causing property damage and almost putting those closest to me in harm's way.

I've also done a lousy job of keeping my secret identity hidden. Ned, May, MJ, Flash, and Betty are the only people that know my secret and I'm glad I don't have to hide my double from them anymore but today's earlier events have shown me how dangerous this hero gig can really be. I had help then from Mr. Stark and The Avengers to bail me out and lend a helping hand but now I'm all alone, lost, and being hunted down.

T H I R D P E R S O N

*Flashback*
Date: Fall 2016

"What the fuck?!" May exclaimed in anger and confusion.

Peter turned around shocked as his Aunt May stood at the doorway of his bedroom with her arms crossed.

The boy gulps as she was glaring at him he tried to muster up a smile. "Uh, Hi, Aunt May," Peter said nervously while waving awkwardly.

He then thinks of a quick excuse. "It's not what it looks like. This is for a school play."

She rolled her eyes. "Really? That's the excuse you want to go with? Do I look stupid to you?" May said not buying it and getting more irritated by Peter's lies.

Peter sighs in defeat and slumps his shoulder.

"No Ma'am."

May looks at Peter's fancy superhero suit and then at a brown paper bag that's on his bed with a message written on it.

"This belongs to you - TS."

May put the pieces together. "The Stark internship. It all makes sense now. Coming home late, you sneaking out at night, plus you having trouble in school, and even leaving poor Liz at Homecoming alone because you're a superhero and working with Iron Man."

Peter nods. "Yes, May. I'm Spider-Man."

"How did this happen?"She asks trying to stay calm and not get angry.