Chapter 7

Chapter 7

          With Thanksgiving only two days away I’m starting to get nervous.  Since it is just my mom and I we haven’t had a real Thanksgiving meal in a long time but Justin’s parents invited us over.  Neither of them was as accepting of the pregnancy as my mom was.  For around a month they wouldn’t even acknowledge my presence the few times I saw them.  Justin said that they had practically shunned him from the family but as they became more comfortable with the idea of a grandchild, they slowly let us both back into their lives.

            A knock on the front door stops by train of thought and I heave myself off the couch.  Wondering who could be home on a Tuesday except for a heavily pregnant teenager, I slowly make my way to the door.  Thinking it’s us some delivery man, I’m surprised when instead of a cardboard box on the front steps, I run straight into Justin’s chest.

            “What are you doing here?” I mumble into his chest, “Aren’t you supposed to be at school, it’s only eleven?”

            “Probably but I had to come see how my beautiful girlfriend was feeling.”

            “I would defiantly feel better if this whole thing was over and instead of a giant baby bump getting between us it was an actual baby.”

            “I can’t say I disagree with you there,” he replies, “but think, that’s how it’s going to be in twenty or so days.”

            “I know.  It seems like yesterday when I told you for the first time I was pregnant.  It’s hard to believe that was over six months ago.  We have one last one last doctor’s appointment before the due date.  It’s on December third.  You’re still going to be able to make it right?”  Even with regular doctor’s appointments, I’m still nervous there will be complications which are the main reason I make both my mom and Justin come to all the appointments.

            “Of course I’m coming.  I wouldn’t miss it for the world,” he responds leading me back into the house.

___________

            It’s nearly five o’clock before Justin leaves for work.  Surprisingly we talked very little about Ella and more about school than anything.  I stopped going to school about a week ago and in the brief periods of free time we find, he helps to tutor me so I don’t fall behind.  I think these study sessions have benefitted both of us because I don’t fall behind and it forces him to pay attention in class so the information can be relayed to me.  Through the whole process Justin has taken it one step at a time.  He hasn’t missed a single doctor’s appointment or a single opportunity to work.  As much as he has been working we still don’t have everything we need for Ella but we have a baby shower planned the first of December and hope to get the last couple pieces of furniture we need and more clothes.  With only twenty days until the due date it’s going to be a struggle to get everything done including getting her room painted which we still haven’t decided the color for.