One Way or Another

(Third Person)

(YN) rushed out the building alongside the Tracksuits. " Ivan, come with me! " Kazi ordered the big one. " I'll go with Maya! " (YN) shouted. " Nice ride. " He signed as they got into a 72 Challenger. Kate and Clint had a headstart but it wouldn't last long. (YN) turned on the radio and raised the volume as One Way or Another by Blondie played. " Now that's a chase song! " He shouted happily. Maya didn't resist on account of her hearing. He was unable to get off any shots because of the Tracksuit vans and trucks in front of them.

One van got in front of Clint's stolen car. " He spun onto the opposite lane before getting back on the other side, shaking off the truck. Maya made shooting gestures with her hands. " I will once I get a clear shot! " I signed and shouted. Kate partly climbed out the window and fired an arrow at Kazi's truck. It exploded and covered the windshield in a dough-like substance. The van didn't crash but moved out the way for us. Clint turned around and was now facing his pursuers. (YN) climbed out partly just in time for Kate to fire an explosive arrow in the van in front of him and Maya, blowing it up and sending it barrelling across the road.

" First kills. I'm so proud. " (YN) thought. He loaded one of his vibranuim tracking arrows and aimed it towards Kate's bow. He directed the shot through the plunger arrow and back into his hand. " How is that even useful? " He asked and signed. Maya shrugged in response. (YN) loaded a regular arrow and was about to fire but Clint turned and drove into a christmas tree sale. " Dammit! " The assassin shouted. " Maya quickly turned to get behind them when they exited. Kazi drove in after them but wasn't spotted coming out. Kate shot acid arrows and took out the stoplights, causing chaos and nearly getting Maya and (YN) into an accident before catching up to Clint once more. Maya got her car side by side with Clint's as they merged onto a bridge. " Hey Kate! " (YN) greeted.

" Mind getting out my way? " Kate hesitated before responding, a look of betrayal on her face. " You betrayed us! " She cried out. " Only Clint, no money on you. " (YN) argued. He aimed his bow at Clint's leg but he grabbed the weapon just in time. (YN)'s arrow fired and barely missed, lodging into the car door. Kate reached into Maya's backseat and pulled out her bow. " I'll take that, thank you. " She said triumphantly.

" No hard feelings HomeRun! " Kate winked at (YN) before firing a smoke arrow into the car. His glasses allowed him to see through them. He quickly loaded another regular arrow and fired it into Clint's back left tire. Maya overturned and hit the road wall before losing control and hitting the opposite one. The car began smoking and coming apart. (YN) quickly got out the car and pulled Maya out. " None taken. " He thought when remembering Kate's remark. " No worries, I still got this. " He signed. Before Maya could respond. He waited for Kazi's truck to zoom past him before grappling to it. " He climbed onto the top and fired the grappling hook through the top of the truck, anchoring himself to the car. " (YN) zoomed in with his glasses to see Clint and Kate making their stand. He loaded up a tracer arrow and aimed it at Clint.

" End of the line, Hawkeye! " He shouted triumphantly. Kate was on the hood of the car and aiming upward. " What the hell are you planning, Clint? " (YN) thought. He fired his arrow but before it could reach its target, the arrow grew significantly larger and crashed into the truck. The explosion threw (YN) off the truck and spirling across the bridge. His neural link with the tracer arrow severed from the distraction and fell at Clint's feet. (YN) tired to get up but quickly collapsed.

" Get up! One hundred thousand. " He groaned. After getting up, he noticed Clint had run past him to retrieve his arrow and was taking cover behind Maya's totaled car. (YN) loaded up a regular arrow and aimed it at a non-lethal spot on Clint's back. " I have you now. " He said weakly. " Don't move! " Kate shouted. " Turn around and step back HomeRun! You do not wanna see what this arrow does! Trust me! " (YN) growled in frustration and lowered his crossbow and joining Maya's side. He used his glasses to zoom in with Kate. " Stay back. Let me take them. " He said and signed to Maya. " What about her? " Maya signed. " It's a fucking USB arrow. " He seethed.

(YN) began walking towards Kate and Clint, his speed gradually increasing and becoming a sprint. Kate fired the USB arrow in vain. It bounced off his chest and did nothing. (YN) shot his grappling hook at Kate's bow, wrapping around it and pulling it from her hands. He swung it around like a whip before releasing it. The bow hit Kate in the chest and put her off her feet. " Stay down. I'm warning you. " (YN) said sternly.

He was about to load and fire at Clint but her closed the distance, using his bow like a staff swinging at the assassin. (YN) ducked and drove the butt of his crossbow into Clint's gut. He staggered back and gave (YN) the room he needed to fire, but he was roundhouse kicked on the side. (YN) spun around, backhanding Kate with his right hand. " I told you to stay down, please! " He begged angrily. " You know I can't do that. " Kate said as she put her arms up. " You're hot but you're beginning to piss me off. " (YN) said before charging Kate and bashing her guard with his crossbow.

" Just! Stay! Down! " The pair both found openings and struck. Kate punched (YN) right in the nose but he swiped the butt of his crossbow across her jaw. " Ragh! " (YN) snarled and massaged his neck gaiter, blood oozing down his nose. Kate fell to the ground once more. " Kate, I'm so sorry. " He apologized. (YN) was about to step towards her but a whistle caught his attention.

He turned around to see Clint aiming his bow at him, using the vibranuim tracer arrow he had dropped when Kazi's truck exploded. (YN) backed away until his back was against the railing. " What's one more dead body? One murderer to another. " (YN) said, coming to terms with whatever happened next. " I wish it meant nothing. " Clint said and released the arrow. (YN) held his crossbow in front of his face and leaned back, falling into the water.

He established the neural link and stopped the arrow just as it tore through his crossbow. (YN) hit the water with a large splash. He did nothing and sank further, taking the time to contemplate his life. Was what he had with Kate real love? Was he content to love her in a dual life lie?

(YN) shoved his thoughts down and grabbed the tracer arrow Clint shot, swimming back up and using his grappling hook to climb back up the bridge. He looked around for Kate and Clint. Maya and the Tracksuits ran over to him. " Holy shit, you're alive bro! " Ivan shouted. " Where are they? " (YN) asked, ignoring Ivan's remark. " They jumped the bridge and slipped onto a subway. " The Tracksuit who Kate talked to said. " You got thrown from a moving truck, shot at, nearly drowned, and that's all your thinking about? " Maya signed. " Well, I do need to get a new crossbow. What else is there to worry about? " (YN) asked and signed.

" Your nose! " Maya pointed out. (YN) touched his nose and immediately felt a sharp pain. " Fuck! I guess you're right. Well, I'm gonna go get patched up. See you guys later. " He said and began walking past them. Maya grabbed his right arm as he passed by her. She let go as (YN) turned around. " You can come back with us and get patched up. My boss still considers you family, so we're family. " Maya signed. (YN) smiled and nodded. " Sounds good, lead the way then. " He said and signed.

As he walked back off the bridge with the Tracksuits while one of them called for rides, (YN) came up with the answer to his mental question. There was no such thing as dual life love. (YN) was Homerun and Homerun was (YN).