Chapter 3

When he arrived in the lounge, he was greeted by the tropical warm air and then by the soft murmur of voices and music.

It was crowded, and he had to move through the dancing people. Through the dance floor, he reached the bar and quickly ordered a glass of beer. As he emptied the glass in one go, he saw her standing there, the pretty brunette. She had exchanged her red dress for tight black pants and a black top with an open back. How had she been able to change so quickly?

What did it matter, he thought to himself. He let his gaze slide over her body. She moved so smoothly, so gracefully.

Her chin jutted forward slightly, her head raised and a playful smile on her lips. He wasn't the only one staring at her. She was surrounded by men who all seemed to adore her. But there was something about her that he couldn't place.

Once she smiled, her eyes did not smile with her. Her eyes seemed to be constantly scanning the room. Looking for prey.

When her eyes fell on him, a shiver went down his spine. Deep down, he wanted to run away. Something wasn't right, where was Sasha? He turned his gaze away from her and saw Sasha dancing on the dance floor with the guy who would bring the suitcases upstairs, Fernando. A possessive feeling took over from him. He set the glass down on the bar with a hard slap and tried to get up to walk toward them.

But he could not get up, his feet were not cooperating. The hot anger in his stomach flamed higher and higher. And gained the upper hand as Fernando danced sensually with Sasha. She was his, she was his possession.

He made another attempt to get up, but his path was blocked by the pretty brunette. He wanted to push her aside, but she grabbed his chin and made him look at her.

What was he doing here again? Slowly, his thoughts seemed to disappear. His worries were dispelled, and it became quieter in his head. A voice that seemed to come from deep inside wondered where Sasha was.

Slowly, his eyes slid from her face to her breasts. Saliva formed in his mouth and his heartbeat slowed.

Sasha echoed in his head. I must go to Sasha. But the lady seemed to win. Her curious eyes took in him estimable, and he felt his body go numb from his fingertips to his upper arms. The warm feeling of total freedom filled his heart.

There was no one else left but the lady in front of him. And she seemed to have eyes only for him. Her hand slid down his arm and with her other hand, she caressed his cheek and gently scratched through his beard with her nails.

What was he doing here?

She bent toward him and began to nibble at his earlobe. The warm feeling now spread through his chest to his belly.

With difficulty, he could keep his eyes open. He was, as always, more concerned with himself than with others that he did not see the lady behind the bar and the brunette smiling at each other. He didn't see her toss the syringe filled with a numbing liquid into the trash. And he certainly didn't see how Sasha was being cherished by Fernando.

His head felt empty. So empty that only one thought ran through his head. Who am I?

The warm feeling had reached his legs and he sank to the ground.

In the distance, he heard the brunette say, 'Just bring him to my room.' As he slipped away, he saw two men walking toward him.

He closed his eyes and felt himself being pulled up.

He opened his eyes and said, "I don't feel so good.

The brunette smiled and caressed his cheek. Her cool fingers were the redemption he was looking for in the heat that had gripped him. He wanted her to bring her fingers to his forehead, but she continued to stroke his cheek.

'Do you remember how to do it?' asked a heavy voice next to him.

'The last time was in 1969, but I'll manage,' the brunette said.

Through his eyelashes, he saw a blonde standing on the dance floor. She only had eyes for her dance partner. They were completely absorbed in each other. She looked familiar to him, but he couldn't remember where he had seen her before.