Chapter 2: An Old Friend

Elizabeth had been camping out with the pevensies for the night getting tired anyway. Lucy could see Edmund and Lizzie as if a mother watching her child, a small smile showed on her face quietly watching the two argue about whatever it could be, just hoping it got fixed soon so she could get some sleep.

"Now come on, time to get in the bed," Edmund said setting down a blanket for him on the floor and the other for the cold.

Tonight Elizabeth was stubborn and didn't want to go to bed playing this game they always did, she wasn't sleepy and thought letting him sleep would help while she watched over in case someone snuck up on them

"But I'm not sleepy," Lizzie replied with a yawn as her eyes were half asleep ready to go to bed already.

"You just yawned so, time for bed," Edmund said and picked her up gently to lie next to him.

Susan watched this little act with Lucy, and Peter smiles on their faces showed happiness now to plan a wedding when it gets to that point, she always wanted to be the maid of honor and Lucy could be the bridesmaid, all of them fell asleep until the sun came up.

~~~~

Morning broke at the crack of dawn, Lizzie had disappeared to find something to eat in her human form, picking out strawberries that grew in this part of the forest. The instinct of one's hearing never left human or not she could hear rustling grabbing her sword, Lizzie turned her head at the swooshing of water somewhere, following the sound the young cub arrived in time to see the dwarf almost get thrown into the water.

"Drop him!" Susan yelled at the two men.

Elizabeth quickly threw her knife into the chest of the telmarines quickly heading over to get the canoe to rescue the poor creature she dove under to grab the rope on the other side with Edmund, hauling it to shore all soaking wet.

Once Lucy cut the gag in his mouth and untied him "drop him?!?" he said angrily "is that the best you can come up with?"

Susan scoffed and replied, "a simple thank you would be sufficed."

"Don't you think being nice would accommodate very well before something bad happened?" Elizabeth folded her arms raising her eyebrow.

The dwarf looked at the princess and bowed immediately to her in an apologetic way. "My princess, your highness I am deeply sorry for my rudeness, towards your friends."

Elizabeth helped him up smiling warmly "I'm not to harm you, trumpkin, and shouldn't you know about these guys?" she wondered in hopes all Narnians knew about the Kings and Queens of old.

Lucy then had to ask though "why did they want to kill you?"

"They're Telmarines, it's what they do."

Confusion showed in her expression she was now a teen lioness, ever since Elizabeth stayed with the professor and occasionally in the summertime saw Edmund only to come back and hear that these telmarines have invaded Narnia.

"Telmarines in Narnia?" Edmund asked looking to Elizabeth then his siblings breaking her thoughts.

"Where have you been for the last few hundred years?" The dwarf asked.

"That's a bit of a long story," Lucy said nervously with a smile.

The dwarf trumpkin looks at the five of them realizing who they are, he then glanced at the sword peter held in his hand, stepping back he would look at them more now.

"Oh, you've got to be kidding me, you're it? You're the kings and queens of old?"

Peter held out his hand "high king Peter the magnificent." He said to Trumpkin.

however, Trumpkin didn't shake it making this quite funny. "perhaps you should have left off the last bit." Susan recommended

"Probably." Trumpkin replied laughing making Lucy laugh.

Pulling out his sword Peter said, "you might be surprised."

Looking at the sword Trumpkin replied, "Oh, you don't want to do that boy."

Rolling her eyes this was getting old but very enjoyable for Elizabeth as she watched them going in between her boys sitting down in her teen lioness form until she began to talk finally to cut off the silence "he doesn't mean him, he means Edmund."

At this Edmund and Peter looked to her as he pulled out his sword, it then became a battle a playful one at that though this was pure entertainment in one year she's had in England, watching the two sword fight except for one thing Trumpkin underestimated him seeing he was winning and he lost his sword.

"Beards and Bedsteads," he said surprised down on the ground looking at Edmund who held the sword towards him "maybe that horn worked after all."

Walking over to her boyfriend in Narnia since the coronation a year ago they got together as they were the King and Queen of the western Wood she would use her paw and gently put his hands down transforming into her girl form.

"Alright, sweetheart, you've made your point."

"What horn?" Susan then asked.

They must get moving Elizabeth thought to find out what really happened to Narnia and answers were needed being the heir and finally taking the throne she would go back to the castle that was now in ruins with Edmund alone to sniff and see if there was anything left, acting like a wolf since some of her friends may be in hiding.

"You should have stopped," Elizabeth said as she watched Edmund roam seeing what else they could find as she just knew he was stubborn as usual.

"Why I had it handled and anyway I already defeated him," Edmund replied to his girlfriend as he ignored her eye contact.

Sighing softly she went to the beach and waited for him to finish the wind in her hair blew as she watched now in her human form, hearing silent footsteps coming beside her knowing that this is where her father would go in order to go to the country that only she knows of, he took her hand.

"When are you ever going to learn?" Elizabeth asked turning towards him looking directly in his eyes.

"What? To do as I am told yeah, yeah I know already but I thought that that's the best part of me you liked?" he grinned teasing her.

Smiling softly looking at him he was right that was the best part ever since meeting him he has changed feeling his hand on her cheek due to instinct as a lioness she would nuzzle into his hand closing her eyes.

"I do it to protect you." He continued "ever since you arrived with us in England you always would go with Peter and I'm--I'm just afraid you will choose him over me." Edmund mumbled the last part looking down.

Cocking an eyebrow he had to be insane for that to happen "hey, I would never have a better boyfriend than you Edmund."

This was all still new for them as they have been dating for over a year now and the fact in Narnia it would be a few hundred years if they had stayed plus adding the part when they grew up before ending up back in the spare room where they were husband and wife once before turning into children again, Edmund smiled and gently pulled her to lean in and kiss her as she kissed back Lizzy would take his hand and walk to the others seeing they were getting a rowboat ready to journey through Narnia.

Authors Note: Please vote and comment feedback I'd love to hear everything or read I mean :)