C22: Ghosts

" Dr. Light will need to refuel if he's planning another attack. He'll need a large electric power cell and a light source where he can absorb the energy. "

" So, monitor the power grids and keep an eye out for any unusual disturbances. " Garfield summarized.

" We find where he's pulling the power from, we find him. " Dick established, patting the younger's shoulder before leaving him in the control room.

" Okay. Got it. "

" Hey, everything okay with Rachel? She looked a little strange in training. "

" Yeah. Yeah, that was just her... training face. " He laughed it off.

" 'Training face'? "

" She just wants to be ready in case any of the old Titans wanna spar. " He lied to the older man.

" And the training room? Was she in another... accident? "

" No, no. That actually was... Ana. " He cringed at the thought of ratting her out. " Something threw her of today. I guess she couldn't help herself anymore. " He guessed.

" So she destroyed the training room on a tantrum? " Dick asked doubtful.

" Look, I don't know what happened. She just kinda... exploded. " He sighed feeling his stomach twist. " Maybe she should take it easier, Dick, she hasn't been able to sleep properly for weeks now. "

Dick frowned, concerned and a little angry. It was the first time any of them had mention her lack of sleep, he would have liked to be informed of it sooner. He sighed, scratching the back of his head.

" I'll talk with her tomorrow. " He decided. " I'll have to ask Hank to help me clean up in the morning. "

He was so not in the mood to complain with the other man, maybe a few hours of sleep would help him but in the meantime he still had to brief Jason of the current situation. 

" Did they settle in? " Garfield asked Dick when he saw the man got stuck in his own thoughts.

" They won't settle in. Hank and Dawn, Donna... They're not staying. "

" Did something happen between you guys? "

He stayed silent.

" Keep looking. " He ordered the teenager, affectively deflecting.

Dick let Garfield work. As he walked to Jason's bedroom he stumbled across Dawn and Hank having a heartfelt conversation.

" Maybe things will be different this time. " He heard Hank whisper, hopeful.

" That's what every addict says. " Dawn softly argued back.

" Right. "

Not wanting to intrude on their moment, Dick turned back and used another hallway until he was standing in front of the young boy's room. He knocked of the door before opening it. He frowned when he saw the teenager's bedroom empty, but sat on his bed when he heard the distinctive sound of running water. He waited until Jason got out of his bathroom, dressed in his loose pajamas. The young boy froze when he saw the tired man in front of him, but shrugged it off.

" What are you doing here? " He asked instead.

" I wanted to know how training was going. " Dick simply explained.

" Well... " He pointed at the self-made stitches on his forehead. " Not that great. " He sternly said.

" Yeah... " The older man sighed, rubbing his face with his palm. " What happened exactly? Gar didn't give me the details. "