𝐞 𝐢 𝐠 𝐡 𝐭

Start from the beginning

"Theo, this is my mother, Esme, and my father, Carlisle," Rosemary introduced her adoptive parents, exchanging a reassuring smile with them. 

"Nice to meet you both," Theo nervously stepped up, holding his trembling hand up.

"The pleasure is all mine," Carlisle shook the young man's hand before smiling charmingly, which made Theo blink twice before he turned his sight to the motherly woman.

"It's nice to finally meet the young man we heard so much about," Esme wrapped the human in a warm hug, despise her iced skin. "Since it is a special occasion, we are making something you choose for lunch," The brown-haired vampire offered as she leaded Theo in the kitchen. After only a few seconds of hesitation, he chose some homemade pizza. Carlisle sent Alice, Jasper and Edward get the missing ingredients at the grocery store while Emmett, Rosalie, Rosemary and Theo started the pizza dough, supervised by the Cullen's parents, who were playing chess on the kitchen table. 

After a few minutes of talking together, each couple got into their own bubble. Esme and Carlisle were engrossed in their game, one of their hands tangled together and Emmett was throwing part of the dough against Rosalie's head, who was glaring at him, but it soon enough degenerated as she entered her mate's battle. 

Seeing her family was distracted enough, Rosemary could finally focus totally on her beloved, who seemed to struggle with his dough. Letting out a small laugh, the dark-haired girl got closer to him and stopped his move by touching his hands.

"Wait, let me show you," The vampire smiled gently before getting slightly behind the young man, wrapping her arms around his body. She then proceeded to show him the movement by guiding his hands with her owns. After a while, Theodore got the hand of it and kneaded it more confidently, making Rosemary stop. She still continued to stand there, resting her cheek against the human's shoulder with her arms wrapped around his waist. 

The remaining Cullens tried to not observe them, wanting to leave them space even if they were in the same room, but couldn't help but smile in happiness at the beautiful sight of their relationship blossoming. Even Rosalie was now totally at peace with her sister's decision, now that she saw Theo and her interact with each other. 

When the three gifted vampires came back with the vegetables, the family could complete their meal and put it in the oven. It was now the perfect occasion for Theo to speak with everyone now that he was perfectly at ease. 

He could already tell that Esme and Jasper were his favorite Cullens, after Rosemary of course. The matriarch had this comforting aura around her that Theo had never known, considering his lack of mother's presence in his life. On the other hand, Jasper had the same quiet nature than Theo, which made him appreciate the curly blond vampire more. He felt like they could understand each other easily, the kind of friendship that you didn't need to talk together to understand each other.

Soon enough, pizzas were ready and everyone gathered around the table. While Theo and Rosemary seemed to wolf down their food, the others only played with their piece of pizza, eating once in a while. After their shared meal, everyone went on their way, leaving the mates alone. 

"I'm going to freshen up and then we could go on a walk?" Rosemary smiled up at her mate, fiddling with her bracelet as she waited for an answer. Theo, who was happy to spend some alone time with her, agreed and the vampire walked quickly to her private bathroom, eager to throw up the dirt she had in the back of her throat. She didn't really know why she kept pretending to eat as she wanted to tell him about her vampire nature, but she still needed time to think and it gave her some delay. Rosemary had decided to tell him today, but she wanted it to happen inside the house, so she knew her family was there if anything went wrong. Their walk in the woods would give her some time to think about how she wanted to do this.