[ 7 ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
- LOCKER 167 -
───── ⋆♡⋆ ────

"Shit! Quick! Jiwoo, faster!" She said to herself in a whispering tone as she looked at her watch while running.

She was on her way to the park. The place where she and Sunghoon had agreed to meet after school at exactly 4 o'clock in the afternoon. But when she looked at her watch, all Jiwoo felt was stress. It was already later than 4 o'clock and she still wasn't at the appointed place.

On the way to the park earlier, she found out that she had forgotten her bag at school so she had to go back to get it.

Now it was 5 past 4. The spring wind brushed her hair back as she ran step by step toward the park. She was almost there, it was already in sight. One more street and she would be there.

Her breath became heavier and heavier and she even began to pant from it. She stopped for a moment, put one of her hands on her knee and the other hand she put on her chest. Her heart was beating extremely fast from the exertion.

"What are you doing here, Jiwoo?"

Suddenly, a familiar boy's voice sounded behind her. Jiwoo was startled and quickly stood up straight. She turned herself around, only to see her brother standing there with his arms crossed. His one eyebrow raised.

"Jungwon..." Jiwoo stuttered as she rubbed her arm restlessly.

"Aren't you supposed to be at work right now?" Her brother said as he took a step closer.

Jiwoo gulped deeply and then sighed. There was no point in lying in front of her brother. He always knew how to make the truth come out of her mouth. Therefore, speaking the truth was the only option she actually had.

"No," nevertheless Jiwoo decided to lie, "Eunji is replacing me today."

"That's funny, because I just saw Eunji sitting with a boy in a restaurant having a bite to eat," Jungwon said as his lips formed a smirk. Jiwoo fell silent, causing her brother to let out a chuckle, "Caught you." He laughed, "Go home. I'll see you there."

"But-"

"No buts," Jungwon interrupted her, "Go home."

With those words, Jungwon turned and walked away. Jiwoo, whom he left behind in the street, sighed deeply and bit her lower lip. She knew, she was in trouble. Big trouble.

Sunghoon is not just someone you forgive for this. He was already angry and was actually going to be late for the appointment, but now she's not even allowed to go there at all.

"Jiwoo..." a new voice sounded behind her. Jiwoo gasped, she recognized his voice out of thousands.

The boy behind her rolled his eyes and exhaled deeply before taking a few steps forward, grabbing Jiwoo's wrist and turning her around. "What took you so long?" He asked in a cold way.

Jiwoo looked up, his face red from anger. "I'm sorry, Sunghoon," Jiwoo apologized to him, but Sunghoon could do nothing but chuckle and shake his head back and forth in disbelief.

"You are unbelievable," Sunghoon scoffed as he let go of Jiwoo's wrist.

Quickly, Jiwoo took a step back. "So?" She replied, "Something wrong with that?"

Jiwoo stood there sassily, her arms crossed.

Sunghoon looked at Jiwoo with a blank face expression. What the hell is she doing?

"Why didn't you just come on time?" Sunghoon asked her a moment later.

"I had a few problems," Jiwoo answered quickly, "So I didn't have enough time-"

"You easily had time to come to the park," Sunghoon quickly interrupted her, "You know you'll only get in more trouble now that you're not on time, right?"

Jiwoo fell silent.

"I know," she replied seconds later, "I'm aware of that and-"

"I don't even want to hear it," Sunghoon interrupted her once again, "Just shut your mouth and listen."

Jiwoo quickly nodded up and down without letting a word come out of her mouth.

"From tomorrow on, I'm not going to leave you alone. That means you're going to be constantly bothered by me," Sunghoon explained to Jiwoo, who kept nodding up and down like crazy to let him know she understood what he was saying.

Deep down, Jiwoo was kind of happy with what he was saying. Finally and at last she would be with her crush, able to talk to him.

And that's just the thing Sunghoon didn't know.

He thought Jiwoo was just an ordinary girl who was in this school and dragged him down the stairs with her, not that she was a weird girl who had a crush on him.

"Understood, Jiwoo?" Sunghoon asked her as he put his hands on his hips and tilted his head slightly. Once more Jiwoo nodded up and down, again no word coming out of her mouth. "Good," Sunghoon continued, "Tomorrow morning, a quarter past 8, locker 167."

Without even allowing Jiwoo to nod uber-again as she had been doing the whole time, Sunghoon turned and walked away from her. A moment later he disappeared around the corner at the end of the street.

Jiwoo her eyes followed his entire way there until he disappeared. A red glow appearing on her face when she remembered his words, "I'm not going to leave you alone."

Her lips curved into a smile and she felt butterflies fly trough her stomach.

I'll see you tomorrow Sunghoon, at locker 167.