Kelsi 40

I guess it's time to go into my 'daddy issues', the truth of the matter is I didn't feel anything towards him, no anger, no hatred, no anything... whenever his name came up it was like I was hearing about a stranger when the truth of the matter is he was. I haven't seen him since I was nine and before that, I was seven, I remembered that day vividly because I got my ass whooped for crying about a bee sting. He did the whole 'boys don't cry' speech not giving a single fuck that my hand was swollen to the size of a boxing glove, my mom was pissed, they argued and back then cellphones weren't really a thing so I had to listen to them argue all the way to the hospital, nowadays that conversation would've happened over text but I digress... I didn't feel anything for this man but since I was pissed at Sherrod I needed somewhere to direct my anger and what better place than the man my mom hated. Now I know I said I didn't have any feelings towards him and that's mostly true, in terms of our relationship I had no feelings but when it comes to my mom that's a different story entirely.... but she was too sweet to really say what was on her mind when it came to that man, me, on the other hand, I had no issue telling him how she felt.... but first I had one lingering question.

"How the fuck did you get my number?" I asked pacing around my room, I really wanted to eat my sub but I was still being petty and didn't want to give Sherrod the satisfaction. I was really pissed at him and I knew we were going to have to have a conversation soon but first...

"Uhh Kenny gave me your number... is that okay?" Jethro asked and I added Kenny to my shyt list, I should've let Kevin beat his ass but I had to play mediator. "Umm, so how you been?"

"You should call my mom and ask her how she's been, you know since she's had to raise three boys by herself, two of which belong to you and you decided that you rather ignore them because you can't get along with her... even though she's probably one of the easiest people in the world to get along with. So we really don't shyt to talk about until you make things right with my mom." I said still pacing around the room.

"Kelsi, I didn't call to talk about what happened between me and your mom.... that shouldn't have any effect on what we got going on, I'm trying to build a relationship with you... not your mom." Jethro said and I started laughing.

"We don't have a relationship, I'm coo on you dude... ain't know hate but I don't want anything to do with you or the three new kids you got. The only kids I acknowledge is Kenny, JJ, and Sharina.... I talk to my brothers and sister and we're all on the same page when it comes to you... we don't need you and we're better off without you."

"Man, I ain't trying to argue with you.... I'm just trying to reconnect and uhh... see if you could loan me $500 until I....." Click.... Should've fuckin known, but all I could do was laugh at his audacity because it took a shameless muthafucker to call his child he hasn't seen in over a decade and ask for some money; I guess this and that argument with Sherrod was an indication of how the day was going to go.

I got dressed and decided to go outside, hoping the fresh air would help clear my head... I walked over to the smokepit where most of Days' shift was gathered, I really didn't know most of these people so I nodded and sat there quietly listening to the drama that was happening on their flight and it was pretty messy. I sat there quietly scrolling through my phone and minding my business when Donovan came speeding into the parking lot... this random dude on Days flight mumbled something about Donovan being a bitch ass nigga... I felt like being messy. Donovan made it over to the smokepit and you'd never know that dude was talking shyt by how happy he seemed once Donovan was within earshot, that pissed me off even more because it showed me dude was fake.

"Wassup Bitch Ass Nigga." I said looking at him and Donovan looked confused at my hostility. "What? He called you one so I figured it would be cool if I called you one too." I said smirking at the look of discomfort on the dude's face.