3

Heeseung found himself feeling a bit awkward in the office as the only one without much to do. Being the newbie, he glanced at Dana's computer screen, wondering if he would eventually handle similar tasks. Just then, she noticed his intense gaze and their eyes met briefly before he quickly averted his eyes.

Dana, understanding his curiosity, reassured him, "You can look. This is one of the things you need to learn to be a good secretary." She moved her chair slightly, inviting him to her side.

Heeseung hesitated for a moment but eventually gathered the courage to join Dana. However, before he could make his way to her side, CEO Park passed by and stopped in front of their office. The entire team immediately bowed in respect, including Dana.

"Ms. Kim," CEO Park addressed Dana, "I heard from COO Jeong that Mrs. Yu has a replacement already? And he's already here in this office."

"Yes, Sajangnim. He's already here," Dana replied, glancing at Heeseung and subtly indicating that he should introduce himself.

Feeling nervous, Heeseung took a deep breath and approached CEO Park, bowing respectfully. "Good day, sir. I'm Lee Heeseung, COO Jeong's new secretary. I'll do my best and ensure that I-"

His speech was interrupted as CEO Park simply nodded and walked away, leaving Heeseung a bit surprised.

"Sajangnim always makes me nervous!" Felix blurted out, his own nervousness evident.

"He's like that every day, don't worry," Dana reassured Heeseung, understanding his feelings.

"Actually, my former manager in the previous company I worked for was like that too. So, I'm used to it," Heeseung shared, trying to ease his own apprehension.

"It's good then. By the way, follow me. I'll teach you how to be a great secretary," Dana said, leading the way out of the office.

Heeseung followed closely, walking beside Dana. Curiosity got the better of him, and he asked, "How long have you been here?"

"Three years and counting," Dana replied.

"Oh, so you have no plans to leave this company?" Heeseung inquired.

"No," Dana replied firmly, a sense of loyalty evident in her response.

Soon, they arrived at the front desk, where two seats were reserved for the CEO and COO secretaries. The space was neither too spacious nor too crowded, just right for the two of them.

"Heeseung, this is our official seat. While our office desks are ours as well, we often have to sit here," Dana explained, taking her place at the far end of the desk.

Heeseung nodded and settled into the chair next to Dana. Adjusting to the new environment, he observed as Dana opened her computer and began her work.

"So, let's start?" Dana asked, looking at Heeseung expectantly, ready to share her knowledge.

Heeseung nodded, opening his computer in sync with Dana's actions.

°°°

Dana guided Heeseung through the intricacies of their roles, emphasizing the importance of staying updated on all the meetings, schedules, and events of the COO. She stressed the need to be meticulous, not missing a single detail.

"And one more thing," Dana added, her tone serious. "You really need to know what to do when the COO has an emergency, even if it's just a stain on his polo shirt."

Heeseung nodded, determination shining in his eyes as he absorbed every piece of advice she offered.

"Hopefully, you've learned some of the things you need to know as a secretary?" Dana asked, studying Heeseung's expression.