11

As usual, Dana Kim was the earliest arrival at the company, unaware that someone else was already there. She sat at her desk, diligently writing the CEO's upcoming schedules, focused on the task at hand.

"Good morning, Dana!" a familiar voice greeted her, and she looked up to find Heeseung standing by her desk, holding a stack of papers.

"Good morning, Heeseung," Dana replied, offering a smile before returning to her work.

"You seem quite busy," He observed, peering over Dana's shoulder to catch a glimpse of what she was writing.

"Yes, there's a lot to be done," Dana acknowledged, her attention still fixed on the task.

Heeseung inwardly facepalmed, realizing that his plan hinged on Dana using her computer. However, it appeared she hadn't touched it yet.

A little later, Dana finally opened her computer and started typing, only to find that the mouse wasn't working. Perplexed, she glanced down at the mouse, only to discover a sticky note attached to it.

The words on the note read: "I stare at you when you're not looking."

Dana's heart skipped a beat as she read the mysterious message. She instinctively looked up at Heeseung, who was already watching her but quickly averted his gaze.

"I stare at you when you're not looking? What if Bambi is..." Dana's words trailed off as COO Jeong approached them, interrupting their conversation.

"Get ready, both of you. We're going to a meeting," COO Jeong informed them before swiftly departing.

Dana and Heeseung gathered their things, preparing for the meeting. Dana suggested waiting for the others in the basement, and together they took the elevator down.

As they reached the basement, they found themselves standing next to a sleek black limousine.

"We're going to ride in this?" Heeseung asked, a touch of surprise in his voice, to which Dana simply nodded.

Shortly after, CEO Park and COO Jeong arrived, and Dana and Heeseung respectfully bowed to greet them.

"Please, proceed inside," CEO Park gestured, and they followed suit, stepping into the luxurious vehicle.

During the journey, a comfortable silence enveloped the car until CEO Park broke it with a question directed at Heeseung.

"Mr. Lee, what can you tell me about our company?" CEO Park inquired, his eyes focused on Heeseung.

Heeseung met the CEO's gaze, a hint of nervousness apparent, before speaking up. "Sir, our company is exceptional. The employees are incredibly kind and dedicated."

CEO Park smiled in response. "Especially Secretary Kim, isn't that right?"

Heeseung's eyes flickered toward Dana, his smile growing wider. "Yes, Sir. Secretary Kim is indeed kind and an integral part of the team."

"It's good to see that you two get along," COO Jeong chimed in, his tone filled with amusement.

Dana and Heeseung exchanged glances, bewildered by the sudden focus on their camaraderie. Little did they know that their innocent interactions had caught the attention of their superiors.

"And you two even enjoy eating bread together in the Company Cafe," COO Jeong added with a chuckle.

Dana and Heeseung's eyes widened in surprise, unsure of what was amusing about their bread-eating habits.

"Why do you think you can enter the cafe?" CEO Park asked, his tone playful.

Dana hesitated for a moment before replying, "Because we're the secretaries?"

CEO Park laughed heartily. "Exactly! As secretaries, you are allowed to enter the cafe. Secretary Kim, you can." He interrupted himself, amused by their perplexed expressions. "You're both allowed to eat the bread there since you have access. Secretary Kim is simply very disciplined and chooses not to partake."

Heeseung's eyes widened in realization. "So, you mean, sir, we can actually eat the bread there?"

CEO Park nodded, still smiling. "Of course! Why wouldn't you? Secretary Kim is just exceptionally disciplined, but you are both welcome to enjoy the offerings at the Company Cafe."

Relief washed over Heeseung's face as he turned to her. "See, Dana? We've been missing out on delicious bread for no reason!"

Dana chuckled and playfully slapped Heeseung's arm. "Well, I suppose I'll have to give in and indulge in some bread then. Thank you, sir."

With their misunderstanding cleared up, the group continued their journey until they arrived at a grand building where CEOs, businessmen, and women gathered. The place exuded elegance and sophistication, with pristine cleanliness and dazzling chandeliers adorning the ceilings.

They were guided to a spacious area filled with tables, reminiscent of a banquet hall. In front of them stood a raised platform with a projector, indicating the stage for presentations. A sumptuous buffet lined one side of the room.

"Miss Kim and Mr. Lee, please have a seat here," CEO Park instructed, gesturing to a table situated at the front.

Heeseung leaned towards Dana. "Is this your first time attending a meeting with other CEOs?"

Dana nodded, taking in the opulent surroundings. "Yes, it is. Usually, I attend meetings internally, but this is quite different."

"It's a good thing COO Jeong invited us to this meeting. It's nice not to be alone," Dana remarked, appreciative of the company.

Heeseung's tone turned slightly teasing. "Are you happy to be with me, Dana?"

Dana's eyes widened momentarily at the unexpected question. She composed herself and replied, "Of course. It's always better to have someone to share experiences with than to be alone."

As they settled into their seats, a speaker took the stage, capturing everyone's attention.

"Thank you all for joining us. Today, we'd like to acknowledge and congratulate those who have achieved remarkable success in recent months," the speaker announced.

Dana and Heeseung clapped enthusiastically as the speaker praised Park's Holdings for their outstanding productivity and dominance in the industry.

CEO Park ascended the stage, a proud smile on his face as he accepted the award. Dana and Heeseung couldn't help but feel a swell of pride for their company.

Upon descending the stage, CEO Park made his way over to Dana's table. "Congratulations to us, Miss Kim. Please take care of this award," he said, handing her the prestigious accolade.

CEO Park's next words surprised them both. "Now, you may indulge in the buffet. Enjoy."

Heeseung, seizing the opportunity, took hold of Dana's wrist. "Let's head over there, Dana," he suggested, his excitement evident.

Dana no longer resisted, her own hunger taking hold. Together, they made their way to the lavish buffet, their eyes widening at the array of delectable dishes.

As they perused the options, Dana surprisingly chose a steak, prompting Heeseung to remark, "I'm glad you're no longer restraining yourself. Embrace your inner carnivore!"

Dana chuckled. "Yes, I guess I've become a 'steak girl' thanks to you."

Heeseung laughed along, watching as Dana filled her plate with two succulent steaks.