🌹~Chapter 1

A/N:

Greetings readers, as we have reached a max limit of votes and reads, I would like to revise this old storyline to a better one! There will be a few changes around here because literally, this is a very antiquated book. Hope you enjoy the new and better-improved version!

───────────

"She lapped against the shore,
a restless lake like the sea,
ready for any adventure, 
that blew along the way."

-Atticus

It's a poem that my Abuelo had enlightened me with when I was young. The poem was still told up to this day.

Hola! I'm Y/N, surname; Martinez. All my life I've been living in a strange town called 'Encanto', a town where enchanted phenomenons welcomed into this world. For the past ten years, I was a parentless child; no mother nor no father--no one. Aside from my Abuelo. He's the only one who nurtured and cherished me 'till childhood. The both of us have gone through adventures back then, it was pretty diverting and I couldn't imagine all the fun times we had with each other.

Apart from that, my Abuelo told me about the astounding and fantastical people who give Encanto a new lease on life. Yes, the well-known and most famous family in Encanto: the Madrigals. I've found the Madrigals very fascinating that I couldn't put it into words, I surveyed them and how they lay the people a hand to help around the town with their powers...

Or should I say, gifts...

I'd never heard of the Madrigals before until now. Now, my friend told me a bit more about her family and what kind of person she thought would make such a tremendous being. They were the amiable people in our town and so far they did everything to be of use to those who had been hurt, tired and needed an assist. 

My friend also said that she was the first one, as I've already said, to know of them. Of course, she is part of them. But, I haven't encountered any members of the Madrigals yet... I only know of them through hearsay. I wanted to meet some of these magical beings because I have always wondered about them. I knew there was more than meets the eye when my friend told me stories about them.

It's not that I didn't believe her because the Madrigals themselves are nothing if not trustworthy and trustworthy people are something that shouldn't be trifled with. However, this world may have changed a little. 

***

"Boo!" I jumped out from behind an old oak tree--frightening my friend which made her fall back in surprise. 

"Ah! You scared me!" She cried. "Why do you sneak up on me like that?"

My lips curled into a smile at my friend. "Hehe, sorry Mira." I helped her arise to her feet. As you can see, my best friend Mirabel and I were on our way to Encanto's strawberry hill: the best place to view the sunset. Our destination, however, was just a few feet away from here, I stopped walking when I detect a group of two boys running toward us; their ponchos were smeared with mire and dirt and they were chortling to one another. One boy with a red poncho even threw a piece of paper toward us, making me frown in revulsion. And by that, the two boys headed in a different direction away from us. 

"What jerks!" I yelled at them in odium. Take the piece of paper and uncrumple it to its original state. "Forgive my cousins, they are a little... rowdy and pugnacious."

Mirabel said, scratching the side of her cheek. Before I glimpse the uncrumpled paper, my attention was whipped to Mirabel. "They're your cousins?"

I exclaimed in astonishment. This caused Mirabel to blush.

"Yeah," she answered bashfully. "I'll introduce you guys later. Come on, let's walk up the hill now." While we walked together, I could only consider both boys in my head. They're different--still alike for similarities but I don't think they have the right demeanor to act around others. Maybe they are nice and friendly? Or is my imagination going crazy because I'm used to having people around me?

We reached the top of the hill after a while; the sunlight was starting to go down, making the sky look like a beautiful painting. The two of us friends decided to sit under the tree as the leaves are slowly falling one by one. I took out some strawberries from a woven basket that I plucked out from the shrubs earlier on our way here, I passed one to Mirabel. Her eyes beamed behind her green round glasses with delightfulness after savoring the sweet tender of fresh strawberries.

"Mmm... this so delicious!"

We munched in silence for about twenty minutes before sommething jogged my memory.

The piece of paper that the two mischevious boys threw evoked me.

While Mirabel was preoccupied by the strawberries she ate, I switfly took out the uncrumpled paper from my pocket and read it: The first word on it was a small 'C' followed by another, smaller 'a' and then some other letters. It all seemed to make clear to me though when I flipped it over, I saw the name at the bottom:
Carlos. My name is Carlos and the person who looked like me is my brother, Camlio.

Camlio? I could not tell if its accurately enough or the last three words spelled backwards.

We heard someone calling out. I turned my head to our right where the sound came from.

───────────

Edit: 11/12/20

📣A/N: Some chapters may not include any musical soundtracks, so, I deeply apologized for the circumstances that disprovened the changes.