Chapter Two - Peer Problems

MC sits and stares at their laptop as the professor lectures in her monotone voice. MC decides to look around the class, observing their classmates.

Of course, Levi is playing videogames on his laptop in the corner of the class. And Lucifer is sitting taking notes in the front even though he is no doubt going to get the highest score out of everyone. Satan is reading on the opposite corner of the room from Lucifer, avoiding him at all costs. Belphegor is sitting or rather, laying next to him, sleeping at his desk. Lucifer must have forced him to go to class.

Asmodeus is gossiping with the preppy girls in the class and Beelzebub is snacking on some snacks from the vending machine. All pretty normal but one brother is missing... who... Mammon! Where is he? MC gazes around the class searching for the missing brother but jolts when they hear their name.

"MC!" The professor glares at them harshly.

All eyes were now facing MC, even the preppy girls had stopped gossiping to look at them.

"Yes?" MC asked uncertainly.

"I asked you a question. What is the answer to equation 4F?"

MC scrambled to grab their packet but Lucifer raised his hand.

The teacher called on him, "The answer is 64%."

"Correct! At least someone was paying attention."

The class chuckled softly and resumed their separate actions. Lucifer smirked and leaned back in his chair, glancing at MC with a gloating pride. MC at that moment wanted to both punch him in the face and dissolve into the ground.

...

The bell rung and everyone filed out of class. MC had almost escaped when suddenly,

"MC, come here a second."

MC turned to see the professor standing next to Lucifer. They immediately wanted to turn tail and book it out of the classroom but they continued towards the two.

"Have you met Lucifer before?" The professor smiles condescendingly at MC.

"Yes, I've known of him." Unfortunately.

"They're a friend of one of my brothers." Lucifer said slowly with confidence.

"Ah, well then perhaps you could learn a thing or two from Lucifer. He's an excellent student and could really help you succeed!" The teacher clasped her hands together, "But, that was all I wanted to say. Please do consider it you too. Bye!"

...

MC almost sprinted out of the classroom. Help? Lucifer? Those words don't even belong in the same sentence. They were walking so fast that they ran into a tall figure. MC hit the floor and looked up to meet the eyes of Beelzebub.

"Are you alright?" His mouth was full of food but MC understood him.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

MC got up and winced at the shooting pain in their elbow.

"You're bleeding," Beel swallowed down the food in his mouth, "Let me take you to the nurse."

"Oh that's fine I'll just-"

Beel suddenly picked MC up like they weighed nothing and carried them towards the nurse's office. MC's face felt like it was going to burn off from embarrassment of being carried like a baby.

"There. You should be more careful next time," Beel waved then walked off to his class, leaving MC flustered, sitting in the nurse's office.