Chapter One - Hellian Carnival?

An alarm clock blares loudly from its place on the nightstand. Ugh. College. MC gets up and walks over to their closet, getting dressed in their usual wear. They stride over to the kitchen and grab a small muffin for breakfast. A small crash signifies that MC's roommate, Solomon, is awake as well.

"Ah! MC! You're awake," Solomon snatches the muffin from their hand and shoves it into his mouth, "I gotta go! Chem team meeting! Bye!"

His words were muffled by the muffin in his mouth but MC had been with him long enough to understand.

"Oh- okay! Bye... WAIT THAT WAS MINE!"

MC started after their roommate but he was already out the door. MC huffs and mutters a curse while grabbing a granola bar from the cupboard.

...

MC walks down the halls of the campus, clinging desperately to their cup of coffee, only to be half tackled by their best friend, Levithan.

"MC! MC! You wouldn't believe what happened last night!!"

"What, did Ruri~Chan ride a unicorn into the sun then somehow destroy said sun with the power of friendship?"

"What? No! It wasn't the sun it was the moon!" Levi almost looked offended at the mistake.

MC sighed, took a sip of their coffee, and continued walking to their class.

"But MC! That's not all that happened! I got asked to decorate the Hellain Carnival this year!"

MC spit their coffee in surprise. Levi- the Otaku who never wants to leave the house- is decorating the Carnival this year. Hell truly has frozen over.

"Yeah! I was surprised too but just imagine it! A Ruri~Chan themed Carnival!" Levi bounced from just thinking about it.

MC recovered from surprise and once they found words again they said, "But aren't other clubs supposed to participate in Hellian Carnival?"

"Oh- well, yeah! But the art club decided to let me do all the work for our section this year!"

'Let'? MC rolled their eyes. Those jerks just wanted to get out of doing the work.

"And I suppose you wanted my help with it?" MC sighed out.

"Obviously! I couldn't trust anyone else with it!" Levi grabbed MC's shoulders, "Please MC! Help a fellow Otaku out here!"

MC shrugged his hands off their shoulders and muttered, "Fine, I'll help you with the stupid Carnival. But you owe me!"

Levi bounced up in excitement and MC couldn't help but smile.