Chapter 13

The 6 Principles

The 6 Principles

   ON THE WAY TO THE AIRPORT a familiar car was a few feet behind me. Every turn I made it followed mere seconds later.

   That fucking idiot. I thought that it was clear to him that he wouldn't be able to come to pick up his mother with me. But the asshole always had to be a pain in my ass.

   I stopped on a secluded part of the highway and exited the car leaning on it, tires scratching the street next to the car made me realize I was right.

   The slamming of a car and footsteps towards me only made me more pissed off, "How'd you know it was me Snowflake?"

   The nickname was getting annoying but the more annoyance I show the more he called me it, so I got used to it.

   "It was part of my training, hypervigilance is an instinct at this point" I stared into the forest not looking at him. I understood the wanting of seeing his mother but his safety was also important to me- In general.

   "What else did you train for?" I now looked at him and his sudden interest in the year of hell I went through.

   "There were 6 principles. Strength, reactions, pressure, speed, intelligence or known as knowledge, and loyalty"

   They all were like brain games, Strength required...well strength. But not only physical strength but mental strength. I was needed to spend 7 days inside a cell without breaking down and going insane.

   Reactions required being able to think quickly and react right when you needed to. Know what words to say and how to say them. Being able to not be caught in a lie. Pressure, to be able to work under certain tension and strain no matter how exhausted you are.

   Speed, how quick you're able to think of escapes, and how fast you're able to get out of a situation it was a life and death thing. Intelligence or knowledge was smarts, street and book smart. Know everything about everyone and use every little detail against them and know when to use them. To think of strategies against enemies, to always be 5 steps ahead of 2.

   But the worst of them all was loyalty, I was kept in a room for 1 month. A piece of classified information in my brain circling like a taunt. The job of the other trainees? To get this piece of information no matter how. I was hit, I was drowned, I was cut, I had knives thrown at me. But my loyalty had to remain strong.

   "Which one is hypervigilance part of?" I shook my head at him.

   "None, I taught myself that. Hypervigilance was part of my private training" He just nodded. But I glared at him.

   "You clearly need to be trained too, you can barely keep up with simple instructions that will keep you safe" He scoffed.

   "I don't follow other's orders" He glared right back at me as if I was in the wrong.