𝓹𝓪𝓻𝓽 17

Start from the beginning

''Fuckin' what?''

''Fuck.''John mumbled as he tried to get up,Arthur stopping him with an arm over his chest.

''You know what?Just tell him that it's done.I wouldn't want to carry his child either way.Have a good night.''The woman mumbled,sensing the tension in the room,quickly walking out of the private room.

All eyes fell on Athena as she was still leaning on the table,her head down as she was trying to comprehend whatever was going on.

She looked up once and took a deep breath.

''I will kill him.I am actually going to kill him.''

''Now now,let's not take drastic measures,love.''Arthur said softly,letting his cards on the table.

Michael and Tommy were just walking through the hefty doors of the Garrison,Michael's breath almost being caught at the sight of Charlotte rushing out of the private room.

''What the fuck are you doing in here?''He asked her as he grabbed her arm,making sigh and shake her head.

''Just giving you back your money.If I can't have your support,I don't need them.Good bye,Michael.''She whispered,getting out of the pub.

Michael took a deep breath,looking up at Tommy who was shaking his head.''You already know what I believe about this,Michael.''He sighed,looking at his younger cousin.

''You fucked up.''

''I did,very much so,actually.''

''Athena probably knows already,''Tommy mumbled,looking towards the private room.

''I am sure she does.''Michael sighed,walking towards there.He was not mentally prepared to face his heartbroken wife.If there was one thing he did regret in his life,that was hurting Athena's heart and losing her trust.He was sure that he did both of those by now.

Just as he was about to open the wooden door,it flew open.Athena Gray took a breath as her eyes fell on her husband's.The eyes that she adored so much and would do her absolute best on daily baisis to see the spark in them,she didn't even want to look at now.

She didn't even utter a single word as she walked right past him,his own mouth not even opening to call her name,he couldn't speak.Even if he did,he wouldn't even know what to say.

Tommy took a deep breath as he saw the young woman walk out of the pub,tears rushing down her cheeks before she did so.

''Fuck.''Michael mumbled,making his cousin look at him.Tommy let out a sigh as they both walked in the private room,him making sure that the door was closed before any conversation would begin.

''What the fuck are ya doin' in 'ere?Go after her!''John pointed at his cousin with his cigarette that was between his fingers.

''She needs time.I don't want to rush her.I will let her cool off before we talk about it.''Michael sighed,removing his coat and placing it over the shoulders of the chair.

''You are way too calm about it.''Tommy pointed out before he took a seat himself,filling a glass with some whiskey.The same whiskey that he refused before.

Ironic.

''I am losing my absolute shit internally,''Michael confessed,placing a cigarette between his lips,''Charlotte was nothing but a mistake.''

''A repeated mistake,much?''Finn bravely said,making every man in the room look at him.He felt eyes on him before he looked up from his cards,silence covering every side of the room.

''Shut up,Finn.''

''No,he is right,he is absolutely right,John.''Michael admitted,''I know what I did.And what happened was the consequence of my actions.I deserved it.''He sighed.

John nodded his head,a brow raised in surprise.He had to give it to Michael.He was a little cocky asshole,himself.He never,ever apologized for cheating or even thinking of how much it actually hurt his wife.Why?Because it was a twisted thought that he was doing business and he believed that his wife had to be okay with it.But in reality,deep down,he knew that it was his doing,his selfish doing.Business would be just fine without him or his brothers wetting their cocks with cunts that did not belong to their wives.

And it actually made him feel guilty.And when he felt guilty he would reassure his wife.He would hold her and kiss her,and play with her hair.To let her know that yes,I am a selfish asshole but my heart belongs only to you.No one else compares.No one else could ever compare.

John actually became quiet for once,deep in his thoughts.

''Ya know,''Arthur said,fumbling with the cards in his hands,not looking up once,''She,um,she never,ever thought that you would do this to her.She thought that you were much different.''He said to his younger cousin,which made him feel even more shitty than before.

In reality he meant to say,'She thought that you were much different than us.',but he never did.He couldn't utter it out.

''Yeah and that's what hurt her the most.''Michael let out,accepting the glass of whiskey that Tommy served him with a nod.

''Listen to me Michael,''Tommy sighed,placing a hand on the younger one's shoulder,''You fucked up,big time.It's rich coming from me,from us actually.And it's brilliant that you are actually taking accountability.I wouldn't and I know it.Because actually,in front of the woman that I love,I would be a coward.An absolute coward.And I would let my anger that was created by my own actions to get the best of me.And that's a very manless action.''He said,locking his blue ocean eyes with Michael's green ones.

''You and Athena have a family,two little girls that didn't even turn one yet.Try and work it out.When you go back home she might scream,she might yell at you.But we all know Athena,''Tommy said almost breathlessly,''That woman is too rational to let her anger get the best of her.But I don't think that it will be logic that will take over her this time,Michael.''He honestly said,''I believe that it will be her broken heart,so be prepared for that.''He nodded his head at the younger man,making the said one let out a sigh.

He had to be honest,it was one of the best advice that the man he looked up to could ever give him about the situation that he got himself in.

''When you go back home,be the same man that you were over here.Take accountability of your actions,let her break down,it will be needed for her.And when she is actually calm,talk about it,alright?You can't lose a gem like Athena,Michael.''Tommy said and almost,in the back of his head,he felt like the words could apply to him as well.

''You mustn't lose a gem,like her.''