𝟎𝟒𝟎. 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Where am I?" Seth asked as he looked around, searching for even one distinctive landmarker.

"This place has lots of names: the in-between, the betwixt, or, one of my favorites, the world between worlds... Right this way now."

"Where are you taking me?"

"Geez, you sure do ask a lot of question." The shadow shook his head. "You want some answers or not?"

Seth skeptically followed after the shadow demon. The mist slowly receded and revealed a series of gateways. Seth raised an eyebrow but remained silent for the time being.

"These are the gateways across time," Draven explained, "They will allow you to access any point of time. If you so desired, you could pop over to the clone wars for breakfast and jump on over to Exegol for supper-"

"That name!" Seth quickly interjected. "Or place. What is Exegol?"

"Why don't you take a look for yourself?" The demon took a step back and dramatically gestured to the portal that he had stopped in front of.

Seth hesitated. He didn't know why, but he couldn't bring himself to take a step forward. He'd been craving answers for so long that he wasn't sure what he'd do once he had them.

"Go on," the demon egged, "Isn't this everything you've been waiting for?"

Seth took a deep breath and stepped through the portal. He was forced to blink quickly to adjust to the sudden change of light. He assumed that due to the tear in the rift, the gateways weren't quite working the way that they usually would as he noticed the Imperial uniform he now wore. The science division if he remembered correctly.

He followed the growing crowd of scientists down the halls toward the main laboratory. His eyes immediately widened the moment he entered the room. Giant tubes filled with fluids lined the walls. However, it was the creatures inside that disturbed him. It was as if his nightmares had come to life as dozens of Snoke-like beings surrounded him. Although they appeared unconscious in their tubes, it was no less jarring. However, it was the moment that he reached the end of the room that he froze. In a tube, half the size of all the others in the room, floated a small, definitely undersized, fetus. The scientists had all gathered close, swiping across their datapads as they added additional information.

Seth looked down at the datapad in his own hand and his face immediately scrunched up in confusion. He slowly came to the realization that perhaps he should have been less concerned with his purpose as a chosen apprentice of Snoke and more concerned with where he had come from in the first place... then again it looked as if the two questions were interconnected.

[ Data File 798 ]
Identification:
> Seth - The Appointed One
Gender:
> Male
Genetic Material:
> Sheev Palpatine
Scheduled Release:
> 0 ABY
Imperial Facility:
> Exegol
Transference:
> Pending
Status:
> Successful - Force Sensitive Achieved

Seth dropped the datapad in shock. The screen cracked, but he didn't care. He walked forward as if in a trance and placed his hands up against the glass of the tube. He stared at the creature inside and the creature stared back. It took him a minute to realize that it was only his own reflection returning the stare. It was as if his world had shattered as he slowly came to the realization that his purpose was to serve as a tool. He slowly backed away; his breathing grew heavier. When the pressure built up enough, he turned and sprinted from the room.

He didn't keep track of how many times her turned or where exactly he was going. All he knew what that he needed to get out of there. His plans were stopped altogether when he slammed into a large piece of machinery. The metal whirred as it turned, and a withered figure turned to look down at him. The figure stood from his chair and bent down. His cold fingers grasped around Seth's jaw as he lifted his head to look him in the eyes. They were cold and dead despite their yellow glow.