viii

He was sad at the fact that he was already a widower and already lost a daughter at fifty-odd, this has been the worst year of his life. Pepa was making a large hurricane, and Felix didn't chase away the cloud this time, as he was sad for Agustin.

"I'm really sorry about your loss, amigo. You really loved your wife. Well, I can't give you proper advice, but do you need someone to listen?"

Agustin unenthusiastically nodded.

"Look amigo, when I first met Julieta, everything was so natural, like the first time we laid eyes on each other, it clicked. I was the clumsy loser of this town, and I always went here so I could get back in shape. Boom! We instantly fell in love, got married, and had 3 kids. Everything was going so well for us, well until Mirabel's..."

"Death" they said in unison.

"I love Julieta, she's my wife, my best friend for life, we confided in each other"

Silence.

Agustin started crying again. Felix handed him his handkerchief.

"I remember we did chores here with Mirabel," Agustin fondly said.

...

Pepa picked up a pen and wrote to Bruno, telling him that Julieta was dead and he needed to go back home for her funeral.

She got an envelope and wrote the address of delivery. She then started to form a cloud as she was writing the letter, smudging some letters, and leaving some stains and rips.

She then folded the letter and put it in the envelope.

...

Julieta was interred at the church in the town square, where she also jumped to her death. He wore his wedding suit (it was black and white), and he replaced his usual pink flower with a white one, which is also made by Isabela. He agreed to stay at the church for nights to welcome visitors and mourners and to watch over her casket. Felix and Pepa agreed to assist him during the day. The funeral will be for 5 days.

...

"A letter to Bruno Madrigal" the messenger said while knocking on his door.

Bruno picked up the letter, and read where this letter is from. It was from his sister, Pepa. The letter was full of stains, ink smudges, it has some rips and from the looks of it, worn out.

He then opened the letter, and it read:

Bruno,

    I know I don't write to you a lot, because mama never allowed me to. It has been so long since I last wrote to you. I'm gonna cut the crap, Julieta is dead. She was too pained from Mirabel's...death, and you know...did it, and I'd like to invite you back home so you can attend her funeral service at the church, and she will be buried beside the place Mirabel is buried, nothing too fancy. It's sad and depressing that we lost our sister, but I'd like to think that she is now happy now with Mirabel. Plus, I'm sure she'll love it if you come there.

Your beloved sister,
Pepa

He was stunned. His older triplet is dead. The only sibling who didn't shame him once for his gift even once. He rode on his horse and went back to the Encanto, and he reached the church and ran in front of the altar, where her casket is displayed. He kneeled beside the casket and cried out his older twin's name.

"I think about death so much that it feels like a memory"