chapter xx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

❛❛who's that?❜❜

❛❛who's that?❜❜

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE HISTORY OF HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY, ANNALISE HALE SAT AT THE GRYFFINDOR TABLE NEXT TO HARRY POTTER. The entire population of Hogwarts was staring at them at shock as they sat together and joked around at the red table, their friends nowhere to be found.

Was it the 1st of April already?

The two however, were oblivious to the stares, to consumed in their conversation.

"I'm serious! You'll end up having my entire closet!" Harry laughed.

Annalise blushed a furious shade of pink and hit his shoulder. "You are the one thay insisted I take them, you remember that, right?"

It was the boy's turn to flush under her teasing gaze.

"Shut up" he grumbled.

Annalise just laughed in response.

At that moment their friends entered the Great Hall together, courtesy of Ron and Jo, confusingly looking at each other at the silence surrounding the Hall.

"It's unusually quiet this morning, don't you think?" Hermione asked.

The others nodded, when Chris whistled. "And I think I know why."

She nudged Zoe. "Look at the Gryffindor table."

Zoe looked where Chris told her to and gasped. "Holy Helga!"

The others soon followed when they saw Harry and Annalise.

"Bloody hell!" Ron gasped.

Following Jo, they started walking towards their friends, who only noticed them after they sat.

Annalise smiled at her friends. "Good morning."

Mariah looked at her with widened eyes. "How in Rowena's name did you wake up this early, before me?!"

The girl laughed and threw a side look at Harry who was scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"That would be my fault." he said, not meeting their eyes.

Suddenly, the owls flew and dropped letters.

Unexpectedly, a heavy looking letter dropped to Annalise's breakfast, her chaser reflexes allowing her to catch it before it fell in her cereal.

Turning the letter, she read who the mysterious note was from and she smile widely, a small giggle falling from her lips.

Harry scrunched his eyebrows in confusion. "Who's it from?"

Before Annalise could even reply, Chris grabbed the letter from her hand.

She gasped and looked at Jo, Mariah and Zoe. "Liz has a letter from Ilvermony!"

"Oh my-"

"Wow"

"I know right." Annalise said.

Jo suddenly realized something. "Wait!"

"What's wrong?" Annalise asked.

"Why is Alex sending you letters now?"

Harry observed Annalise's face after his sister said the boy's name and his jaw clenched slightly. 

Was she seeing someone else?

"I..." she started. "I honestly have no idea."

Taking the letter back from Chris, Annalise opened it.

Hello, love.

It's been some time since we last saw each other, don't you think??

Well, you won't be missing me anymore (because of course you miss me endlesslY)

Wanna know why?

Of course you want to know, you've always been the curious one in our group. To answer you, we have had enough of America (add to the fact that we got expelled from Ilvermony but that's just details). Since we're still underage and need to finish our education, our families decided to send us to Hoggy Warts or whatever.

We're coming around in about two weeks I think (Nico, Layla and I obviously).

Yours and only,

A.R

Closing the letter, Annalise looks up to her friends with a wide smile, while all of them had wide eyes and matching smiles of disbelief plastered on their faces.

Suddenly, it came down to her that there were three more people sitting with them, all of which had no idea who the letter was from and one of them was the boy she used to hate but ended up having feelings for.

Mariah seemed to think the same because she nudged Zoe, Jo and Chris, silently reminding them of the Golden trio's presence near them.

On the other hand, Annalise looked at Harry with a small awkward smile, taking notice of his clenched jaw ─that made his jawline even more sharper─ and the angry look in his eyes.

Hesitantly she spoke, making his eyes snap right into hers. "Are you okay, Harry?"

"Perfectly fine, Annalise. Perfectly fine." he spoke through gritted teeth.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Harry Potter was not fine at all.

He was angry. Very angry.

At himself for falling for his enemy, at Annalise for making him like her and then have another boy into her life, at this so called Alex for being so friendly to his girl, at his sister that seems excited for Annalise's friends to come to Hogwarts and he was also angry that his two best friends, Ron and Hermione, told him that he has nothing to worry about and that he should stop being jealous over a boy that he has never met.

If he had no reason to be jealous, why was he?

At that, Harry had no answer.

There was one thing that he did know tho.

Annalise would become his, eventually. And once she did, there would be no way that he ever told her about the bet.

─────────

long time no see

i know i've been lacking updates and i'm so sorry, just life has been very busy this month and i barely had time but i promise i'll try to update on time.

ps: half this chapter was written once more in the hairdresser's while i got my hair dyed yet again LMAO