part 7: scilla and iris

Start from the beginning

i got to it and when i started i realized that not all the experiments went well but my  last batch was really good so put a timer and placed it in the fridge and then i started cleaning. i was just about done and it was still around ten. so i went to explore the forest outside, it was very pretty i meditated absorbing manna till around 11 when i headed back i found out all of them including our teachers had reached and started to settled in. Duke tenebris had seen me walking over and smiled waving at me. "Oh your here lilith, good morning" ."good morning tenebris sensai" i said while bowing my head. "the boys said there was already stuff in a closet. did you already unpack?"

 "yes tenebris sensai" "is that so? are you done exploring the forest asnwell?" "yes tenebris sensai. i shall take my leave now." i said in a bored bowing. and then i headed towards the room where the others would be. once i reached i found lord leonef, lord luminous, lord strepitus and lord tenebris. lord luminous noticed me. "good lilith-chan ! you are here! we were going too pick which beds we would use." " that does not bother me lord luminous. you all can choose which ones you want, after all they all have the same bedding so it would not mater where one sleeps." (lilith) "ah... you are so up tight little sister ,loosen up a bit. we are all going to be the best of friends from now. and call me mark-ni-chan"(mark)

. silence "you know. you can call us by our names all of us call each other by our names. you are the only one who is being formal." i started to consider it. hm i think that is ok i mean, i am going to spend the rest of my life with them, this training after that studying together so why not might as well consider lord stepitus's offer as well. "as you wish dominic-sama" everyone in the room sweatdropped i wonder why. just as they were about done a ringing sound was heard. oh the pudding must be done. when we reached we saw our teachers staring at the timer. 

~third person POV~

they were staring at the timer wondering what it was. "what is a wierd clock like thing doing here and why is it ringing?" edmond asked. "it is one of the things derek used to use remember." fredric replied. then lilith stepped in, "sensai this is a timer." then mark said "even we knew that" "didn't all of you go through the same test? didn't you have to cook for your self" (lyon) the adults looked away embarrassed and said "well only derek cooked out of the five of us. it wasn't the greatest but it was the only edible food that was made, and don't talk too much, none of you know how to cook either, anyway why was it ringing?" (edmond) 

"it was ringing because i had set because i had tried a new recipe, sensai " (lilith) "i take my previous sentence back"(edmond) "well lilith-chan can we try it?" (fredric) "yes fredric sensai, i made enough for all of us" she replied while going towards the freezer "if you don't mind could all of you be seated at the table?" all of them sat at the table in front of the counter [a/n: refer the picture] lilith was bringing the plates to a tray 'i don't know how it has turned out, if it dosn't suit their taste will they think i added poison and kill me for attempted murder?'

 she thought in a bland tone. she got the tray in hand and headed to the table and placed it in the center. "please forgive me if it does not suit your tastes, it is a new recipe and i am yet to perfect it" she said in plain tone, but they could still feel the sincerity in her tone. [lilith has lyon on her left and dominic on her right. and opposite to her edmond is seated she brought it with the cup over it so that they can enjoy how the caramel falls. they are all waiting for alex to remove the cop and eat so that they can start. until alex eats they can't start] "how can we eat this lilith-chan?"(alex) "yha lilith it is in a wine glass and the wine glass is turned donward in the bowl" (dominic) "alex-sama has to use the stem of the wine glass and just lift the wine glass upward the pudding will transfer to the cup." alex nodded and lifted the wine glass and when he did. the pudding just bounced a little and the golden brown caramel pooled the bowl while some stayed on the top of the pudding. everyone was in awe and lifted their own glasses to be met with the satisfying sight once more.

 everyone was in awe and lifted their own glasses to be met with the satisfying sight once more

"wow lilith-chan that looks so good and glossy" lyon said. lilith looked up at lyon "thank you lyon-sama" lyon observed it and got curious "is this caramel?" "you are right lyon-sama, it is a custard pudding with a slightly burnt caramel" lyon became even more curious "home made caramel. wont that be bitter." lylith answered "a little yes but it balances out." he nodded and when the started tasting all of them really liked it. mark stood up with a huge grin and ruffled her hair and said "wow my little sister is the  best she really is a perfect little girl isn't she? i will protect you from wolves dear sister"

 "mark-ni-san, please don't ruffle my hair and why would i need you to chase wolves away from me i am a ducal heir too and i am going to learn combat too, and please sit down it is not polite to get up before the prince does" she slightly scolds mark just sulks and sits down in his seat once more. the two adults looked a little shocked "when did you two get that close" fredricked asked. "well mark-nii-san insisted on me calling him that so i agreed because i started calling the others by name as well" they both understood till there was silence till edward said "you know you are really good at cooking lilith-chan. i am surprised thogh. your father brags about a lot of things about you but never said anything about your culinary skill" edward said looking up from his pudding, this got fredric's attention as well "now i am curious as well" lilith had finished hers and gone to wash her vessel and keep it back.

 "oh father didn't let me go near the kitchen saying it was far too dangerous, so i had to practice in secret" the men looked each other and thought at the same time 'that sounds right' "you are going to make a perfect wife you know?" fredric said. there was an awkward silence after that till edward broke it. "sominic you lucky bastard when we were here we had a barely passable cook and you have a gourmet cook and lyon as a pastry chef." "well old man ,it isn't my fault that your luck is rotten" "why you little-" they were broken a part by lilith clearing her throat. "excuse me sensai" she said, she was about to leave after alex had gotten up ,but alex stopped her, "hey lilith-chan can i call you liliy." "you may call me as you wish alexander-sama" alex smirked at this "is that so.. then can i call you silla" dominic became alert at this. "hey lilith if he can call you scilla can i call you iris." the boy said which made everyone in the room except lilith and lyon were shocked. because everyone else knew the meaning of what they had said. the two boys in question locked eyes and lightning struck.