I - A Childhood Promise

Start from the beginning

After a year of being in contract at Gotham General, he became a permanent there and was even labeled one of the best perioperative nurses at the ER, eventually his parents also rested six feet under after an 'accident' at one of their expeditions. Even though they acted like absolute shit to him, he did find the time to mourn and be upset about their sudden death. He was depressed for what felt like a year but really, it was only for months. He sold the company and the manor as it served as a constant reminder of him of his past. The ones of Dick's parents dying that night at the circus as he always stared at the red banner at their dining area and that's what it reminded him of, his loneliness and sadness of being almost forgotten and neglected because if his parent's constant leavings, and most of all, it reminded him of what he lost with Jason as he stared at his room decorated with nothing but the pictures he took back when they used to meet up a lot.

He got over it and his triumph at his career earned the attention of the Leslie Thompkins. Bruce Wayne's godparent and a very famous Doctor at Gotham, and the vigilantes' physician. But of course, only Tim knew about her being that, it wasn't exactly a public information and Tim did a fuck ton of snooping and stalking back in the day.

The next thing he knew, that night he received an e-mail. It was not a business e-mail, it was a proposal, something Tim didn't expect by any means.

Confidential: Open only when you're alone.
Sender: LeslieMaurinThompkins@GothamGen.com Time Sent: 12:30 AM
To: TimothyJDrake@GothamGen.com

Mr. Drake,

It was of my pure intention to meet you personally and speak with you about something, but when I checked your schedule from one of the nurses, she mentioned something about your shift being constantly full as you're a surgical nurse in demand. I want to meet and speak with you formally and personally so please, do consider this offer. I'm looking forward into getting to know more about you. Once you've made up your mind, feel free to reply with this email once you are available or when your day is not too hectic and tiresome, mind you, being at the ER and conducting routines with some patients is very frustrating. I am well aware of that. With that said, I'm hoping for your consideration Mr. Drake. And just please, don't tire up yourself too much by working too hard, sometimes even someone like a nurse needs rest, heck every person does. It's what we prescribe to patients too right?

With Regards, Leslie.

Tim's hands were fucking shaking. Is this for real? Am I dreaming or something? He slaps himself and confirms it was real once he feels the heat and pain of his own upbringing.

Holy shit!

Of course, he wouldn't turn down an offer so he emailed back, sending that he was free at the next two days as it is his day off but this morning he's needed back at the office but today was also a no go for him at the ER as Stephanie said that it was all under control and they don't need the best of the best to work in. He just settled for routines and checkups with some of the patients that were already performed surgery on.

After passing off all of the medicine, he was brought into the pedia section, where apparently a doctor didn't go in and they were supposed to incorporate the vaccines. Tim hated being assigned to this.

He liked children but getting them upset by the presence of an injection is gonna make your thought go away as fast as it came. They cry incredulously loud and keeps moving, so administering the vaccines and shots were difficult. If he's not at the ER, he is here, because apparently he has the 'magic touch' when it comes to kids. He's not supposed to be there, he was a dang surgical nurse but he takes it.

Just as he sits and was interviewing the parents or guardians of supposed children, he spots a new man, leaning against the wall, stealing a couple of glances at his direction. He looked... familiar. Tim can't just place where he'd met him. He was wearing a leather jacket and jeans, teal eyes with a shock of white hair complimenting his over all handsome face. He really looks like someone he's met before—