Chapter 6- The Surprise Visit

Start from the beginning

Everyone ignores me. "He can take people's bending away for good."

"That's- that's impossible." Dad stutters. "Only the Avatar has ever possessed that ability."

This Amon guy could energybend?

I could feel the fear in Korra's system. "But I saw him do it."

"I believe you." Dad replies. "I don't know how Amon has achieved this power, but this means the revolution is more dangerous than ever. No bender is safe."

We all glance to the side of the water, looking into the big city.

That day, my mother and I were preparing dinner.

"Honey, I've been meaning to ask you, what happened to your face?"

"Oh, uh. I got thrown off a truck."

My mother eyes me, but sweetly smiles. "Okay, honey. Hope you're okay."

"Mom, I just told you I got thrown out of a moving truck!" I exclaim, placing the dinner on the table. "Aren't you worried?"

"Definitely," she chuckles.

"You think I'm lying?"

Mom rubs my shoulder. "Honey, it's okay to tell me the truth."

"What do you think I did?"

"Do you really want me to tell you?"

"Uh yeah," I bark, grabbing the plates.

"Fara, are you associating in sexual activities? You have bruises and scratches all of you."

My jaw legitimately drops. "What? Mom, no. Why would, I- I really did get thrown out of a truck. Ask dad. Ask Korra!"

Is this what her and dad do? Let me not think about it.

Mom raises her hands in defeat. "Okay, but if you want to talk about anything, you can always come to me." She smiles.

I weakly smile back. "Good to know."

As I arrive at the table everyone including Korra were all settled in.

I sit beside my father. "We are grateful for this delicious food, for happiness, for compassion and-"

Dad is cut off by a cool dark voice, that made my insides shiver, and no, not in a good way. "I'm not interrupting, am I?"

Dad sharply turns to the door. "This is my home, Tarrlok. We're about to eat dinner."

"Good, because I am absolutely famished." Tarrlok responds. "Airbenders never turn away a hungry guest, am I right?"

Dad let's out a loud sigh. "I suppose."

Mom and I give dad an annoyed look, but he only shrugs his shoulders in response.

Tarrlok stands in front of me. "Is this the infamous Fara?"

"Uh, yeah, and you are?"

"I am Councilman Tarrlok representative from the Northern tribe. I work with your father."

"Okay?"

Mom lightly smacks my arm. "Don't be fucking rude."

I wince rubbing my arm. "Nice to meet you." I plaster a fake smile.

Tarrlok nods his head, walking over to Korra. "Oh, and you must be the famous Avatar Korra. It is truly an honor."

Korra gets up to bow. "Nice to meet you."