Digging In The Pit Of Truths

Mulai dari awal

"Yea. Can't wait till you blow up. See the real world." Vinnie joked.

"Oh I'm sure I'll get a boost after that. I'll come for your crown soon enough."

Vinnie laughed. "For sure. Only 12.5 million more to go."

"Scared Hacker?"

"Never."

I snorted. "Ego getting a little big?"

"Me? Never." I could hear Vinnie grinning on the other side of the phone. "You on the other hand..."

I scoffed and made a dismissive noise.

"Hey, I'm just saying. I think dating me has gone to your head."

"I think the thirst traps have gone to your head. Your abs aren't even that great." I said, mocking him.

"At least I don't have to dye my hair every three weeks."

"At least I don't look like a human mop when my hair gets long." Vinnie chuckled and I grinned. "You like that? I got way more stored up for you."

"Oh yea? Let's hear 'em."

I bit my lip and smiled. "Those are actually reserved for in person roastings."

"So I better come find you then."

"Possibly."

"Hey Max! A little help with the groceries?" I looked back to see Drew at the door. I glanced back at my phone and sighed.

"I'll call you later Vin. I gotta help make dinner."

"No problemo. Smell you later."

I laughed and said goodbye. I hung up and tossed my phone off to the side. I moved Bear off my feet and went to go help Drew with the groceries.

After prepping everything for tonight and tomorrow morning I pulled Kelly away from her studies and Drew away from his work. I got them in my diy fort, decked out with all the snacks, and put on Home Alone.

Three movies, one dinner, and too much grape juice later Kelly was passed out and Drew and I were digging a little too deep in the pit of truth.

"Max I love you and I'd die for you but you need to get your shit sorted out."

"Shut up."

"I'm serious. How's job hunting?"

"No one was hiring."

"And when was the last time you checked?"

I turned and sighed. "Too long."

"And this hype house. How long is it going to last?"

"I don't know. It's been going for two years already so probably a bit longer."

"And if it ends tomorrow? Where will you be?" I sighed and looked at Drew, annoyance laced in my tone.

"On your doorstep, begging to have a job and somewhere to live." Drew shoved me lightly and I grinned.

"Be serious. What's your backup plan?"

I sighed and pulled the blanket around me tighter. "Go back to Seattle. If it ends tomorrow I'll still have two and a half months of rent paid. Carlos would give me my job back and I'd go back to my old life."

"What about Vinnie?"

I shrugged. "We'd do long distance or I'd break it off."

"Why break it off?"

"Who's to say he won't go a chest on me behind my back."

"Who's to say he will."

"Drew it took him months to ask me to be his girlfriend. We haven't had sex in weeks. We haven't been on a proper date in months. We barely get any times to ourselves. Why wouldn't he find someone he can be open with and not have to worry about his fans or his roommates?"

"Then again, why would he have a relationship that's totally exposed to the world? And not being able to have a private moment?"

"Why make it harder for himself?" I sighed and rested my head on my knees. "I don't want to think about this."

"You have to Max. It's called being an adult."

"Well maybe I don't want to be an adult."

"Max."

"Drew."

"I don't want to fight about this but I really think that you should have this discussion with Vinnie."

"He and I have the best track record when it comes to discussions."

"Well then fix that."

I sighed and played with the blanket.

"Since we're getting all up in my business, how's your love life?"

"Max, I just made my business into a multi million company. I haven't had the time for love."

"Well maybe you should make time, your almost 22. At least go get a one night stand."

"You know I don't do that sort of shit."

"At least consider it. I don't want to be the only married one in ten years."

Drew paused and smirked. "So you want to marry Vinnie?"

I rolled my eyes and threw a pillow at Drew, who laughed and threw it right back, I dodged and he ended up nailing Kelly right in the face. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stifle my laughter as she carefully raised her head, confused.

"Huh?"

I broke out laughing with Drew and Kelly sighed before going back to bed.