++TO THE LEFT-

Start bij het begin

"Yes, and I'm not sure it's something Kenneth does. You know how men are. They make you believe they're all okay with the program, and suddenly they switch on you," Monday said, falling back on her bed.

Luce crossed her arms, "why do I get the feeling you're trash-dumping on Kenneth while speaking about yourself? ㅡAs far as I know, men like Kenneth Mosely aren't the type to lash out invitations for the sake of it. I think he has made a lot of effort for you. He has come here six times already since you two began dating despite his busy schedule. All you've done is sit here like the queen of Sheba, waiting for your vassal."

"Oh, Luce, don't you think you're exaggerating?"

Her cousin shook her head, "Show you care, Monday. Give the man a little TLC."

Monday sighed, "I swear, Luce, if it backfiresㅡ."

"Don't jinx yourself," Luce said and got up, "good night."

"Goodnight, Luce."

Luce returned to her room, leaving Monday to rehearse her next call with Kenneth.

The night was short for Monday, who woke up at the crack of dawn and immediately grabbed her phone to call Kenneth, who almost slipped off the tiles in his shower to answer the call.

"Why are you breathless?" Monday asked when the man answered with a hasted hello.

"I almost died not to miss your call," replied the man while he turned on his camera.

The wet hair and naked chest didn't leave many options concerning Kenneth's actions before the call. Still, Monday asked, "What were you doing?"

"I was taking a shower."

"At this time?"

"Yes, I had dinner with friends and came in late. I can't sleep without taking a shower," Kenneth paused," hey, why am I the only one with my camera on?"

"I don't look good."

"Monㅡday."

It was one of the top long-distance relationships rules the couple abided by; both had to turn on their cameras. As usual, Monday wanted to stray away from what she considered a chore. She hadn't slept much and could only imagine the charcoal bags under her eyes.

"Kenneth, please, cut me some slack. I have something important to tell you."

"Oh, yeah, go on."

"ㅡEm, eh," Monday's voice suddenly got deep as she unleashed, "I want to come to New York."

Monday watched Kenneth bite his lips and lower his gaze. It was apparent the man attempted to refrain from smiling.

"ㅡKenneth?"

"Yes, I'm still here."

"I can see that. Did you hear me? I said I'd like to come and see you if you still want me to come."

"Of course I want you to come," Kenneth said, finally releasing a smile.

The man knew better than to ask Monday why she changed her mind. What was essential in her message and what he had to acknowledge was she desired to see him in New York. It was a big step in their relationship, and they both knew it.

"Can I see you? I mean, can you turn your camera on."

It wasn't a caprice; Kenneth just wanted to catch the expression on her face.

Monday had thrown her bonnet across the room and gathered her mini twists in a bun, anticipating the eventual demand. She proceeded to honor Kenneth's wish.