Chapter Six - Amachi Chitose

Amachi Chitose and Mukono Asami.

The first thought that ran through Hisakawa's mind was vivid and sharp. There was an image of her younger self sitting outside the classroom. She kicked her feet, staring up at the ceiling to glare at the light fixtures. The teenager was sure she'd be spending the entire afternoon alone in a hallway, but she was soon proven wrong by another student in the school.

"I guess we're destined to be villains then, aren't we?"

At the time, Hisakawa didn't quite understand what that meant. The girl who said that to her hadn't even introduced herself before walking up. She wore a different blazer, one from the general course. The student had a big smile and bright purple hair with pins holding it back on the left side. Her hands were a different color than the rest of her body, a cold white hue. But what Yuriko remembered the most was the color of her eyes. A bright magenta tone with a distinct gradient into lilac. Before she could even answer the question, the girl interjected.

"That teacher yelled at me for the same thing. Don't worry about him," she held out her hand, pulling Yuriko to her feet. "My name is-"

"Hisakawa," Johannes asked, appearing out of nowhere. He took years out of her life as he went to take the bowl of numbers, breaking her concentration. He had a concerned look on his face, reaching out to help her steady herself as she stood up straight. An audible crack was heard as she turned her head to the side.

"Oh, Morrigan, sorry.." she said between breaths, looking down at the names "I got... distracted.." Hisakawa smacked herself awake, handing him the bowl. He set it down with a nod of his head.

"You tend to do that quite often," he responded, holding up his hand before she even tried to speak. "No apologies needed. Are you doing okay? Do you need a break?" he asked, watching as she shook her head.

"I'll be fine," she reassured him, pushing her glasses upward. "Promise. Let's call them out and continue to the next fight." Kawayu spoke as calmly as she possibly could, trying her best to control her facade. They both exchanged nods before returning to their seats. Morrigan called out both the names of the students, writing a few notes down as they made their way to the stage.

"Mukono Asami," he mumbled as he sat down in his chair. "Her quirk is called Dry Ice." he drew a thin line underneath her name and jotted down the rest. "Ice armor sprouts around her body. She'll probably use it as a sort of battering ram, though her test scores tell me she's.. Creative." Morrigan's tone was unimpressed. He glanced over at the other teachers, both of whom were a bit tense. To save face, All Might spoke for his partner.

"Amachi Chitose," Toshinori started, gesturing towards the pink haired student a few feet away from them. "Her quirk is called Atom and Light. It's a dual quirk with a lot of potential." He cleared his throat, flipping his notes back to the front page. "Atomic particles are hard to change. And she can only use items that already exist..." he struggled to speak about anything else. Both Hisakawa and All Might looked as if they had seen a ghost. He grasped her hand slowly, focused on calming her down. Morrigan was going to ignore it at first, but grew concerned due to their shared reaction.

"Is something wrong?" he asked kindly, causing both to wave their hands in front of them in denial. They had the same uneasy look on their faces, eyes squeezed shut and sweat on their foreheads. The corners of Johannes' mouth turned downward as he rolled his eyes. "You two aren't the least bit convincing." he deadpanned. Toshinori and Yuriko sighed loudly, staring at the floor.

"It's not that I want to hide anything," Hisakawa admitted, "I guess it's more out of respect." she said, folding her hands together in front of her. Morrigan raised one of his eyebrows, tilting his head to the side.