08| His Jealousy

Nandini cleared her throat and replied, "These are not round balls, meri jaan. They're called breasts and woman have them so that they can feed their babies like I do to you since they're the ones that give birth to them after they grow inside their Mumma's tummy for nine months."

"In their tummy?" Manik asked, astonished and Nandini nodded and he frowned, lost in his thoughts for a moment before he exclaimed, "Nanni Mumma! What if the baby falls in the toilet when we sit for potty?"

Nandini stared at him as he frowned seriously as she laughed loudly, stopping when tears started streaming from her eyes and her stomach ached, chuckling as he stared at her, still awaiting her reply and she replied, "Baby, the child comes out from the stomach. The doctor cuts the tummy carefully and takes the small baby out before tying it back. This is how they are born."

Manik made an O with his mouth and nodded while Nandini chuckled and pressed a kiss on his cheek before trying to get up, making him whine before he clinged to her by wrapping his arm around her waist and shoving his face in her chest. Nandini raked her fingers through his hair and pecked his head before softly saying, "Manik, Mumma koh kaam hain kitchen main. Dinner banana hain na aapko phir bhuk lagegi. Aapne subah se kuch nahi khaya."

"Nayi," Manik stubbornly refused, making Nandini sigh before suggesting, "Fine. Then come downstairs with me. You can play something till I'm in the kitchen. Okay?"

Manik nodded enthusiastically and they got up from the bed, moving downstairs and as they moved to living area, Nandini was surprised to see a girl and a boy in their mid twenties with a baby in their lap occupying a sofa along with Dadi. Dadi introduced them as Rishi and Diya, Manik's Maasi's cousins who came up to meet Manik and her due to their marriage along with their baby, Hardik.

Nandini greeted them with a smile before going into the kitchen to fetch glasses of water for them. She served them and they had a small chit chat while Manik got busy with her phone. He looked up, his hands fisting and teeth grinding in jealousy and insecurity as she grabbed Hardik and kissed his cheek, cooing to him as she made him eat.

Nandini startled as Manik suddenly got up and left towards their room. She excused herself with a forced smile and followed him upstairs, hurrying in the room as he laid on the bed, crying.

"Mera bacha, kya hua?" Nandini inquired softly, caressing his hair.

(Manik, baby, what is it?)

"Aap meko ni us Hardik ko pyaar karte ho," he accused, sobbing, making Nandini shake her head immediately though she was surprised with his possessiveness.

(You don't love me. You love that Hardik.)

"Bilkul bhi nahi. Main aapke ilawa kisi ko nahi karti. Tu toh meri jaan hain," Nandini assured, wiping the tears from his eyes.

(No, that's not true. I don't love anyone beside you. You're my life.)

"Phir aapne usse kissie kyu ki?" Manik asked, his eyes tearing up again as he thought back the scene.

(Then, why did you kiss him?)

"Nayi nayi rona ni. Galti hogi. Nanni Mumma sach main sorry hain. Ab se kabhi bhi nahi karungi," Nandini said, pulling him to herself and he immediately wrapped his arms around her tightly as he rested his head on her breast.

(No, no. Don't cry! I made a mistake. Nanni Mumma is really sorry. I won't repeat it again.)

"Khana bhi nahi khilaogi," Manik ordered, making her nod immediately before he pulled away with a pout and said, "Aapne usko apni godhi main bithaya. Manik ko?"