"Thanks, congrats too." He smiled widely at me after I said that.

"Sino kasama mo?" Tanong niya habang palingon lingon pa sa likod ko, looking for someone.

"Wala," Sagot ko na ikinagulat niya at agad naman akong tinignan. Napaiwas na lamang ako ng tingin. I don't want to see pity in his eyes.

"Okay lang yan, Audrey. Andyan naman profs natin to go with you on the stage. You know, you're a magna cum laude. Sana all." He laughed that made me smile.

Atleast, someone appreciates my efforts right?

My father got disappointed in me when he learned that I'm the Magna Cum Laude and not the Summa Cum Laude. He was one back then, maybe that's why he has a lot of expectations from me. Ito rin ang school niya noon so maraming nakakakilala sakanya dito.

And I also think that it is the reason why they're not here. Maybe too embarrassed, I guess? Because the one and only daughter of the bestest of the best is just better, not the best.

"I'm proud of you, Aud. Oh wait, not only me, the whole batch and professors are proud of you. So cheer up, okay?" I smiled at what he said, a genuine one.

"Thanks, Chan!" He patted my head before going.

Well, he was a classmate ever since my college journey started so I guess we're kinda close.

He's not hard to befriend naman. He's nice and jolly, and he's not a snob. The only reason why we're not that close is because of me. Masyado akong ilag sa tao.

Lagi akong nasa bahay eh, I don't even know how to talk to others in a not formal tone.

The ceremony started. It was really boring though. When you have to hear speeches. Hindi ko nga alam kung genuine ba sila sa sinasabi nila or hindi eh.

I guess this is the advantage of meeting a lot of people ever since. I get to see some businessmen and women whenever there are events that my parents bring me with them. And all I can say, it's a matter of connections.

And people will be nice to you if you're on top. If you're not, they'll look down on you.

Ito rin siguro ang rason bakit gusto ni Dad lagi na nasa mataas na posisyon, dahil nga doon. He'll have the power to control people who wants connection or be in touch with him to have a good name too.

Napailing nalang ako.

I can't help but envy these students who're with their parents. Mukhang ako lang ang walang kasama dito ah? Sana sinama ko si Manang.

Their parents look so proud and happy for them.

I have always been in the house, I wasn't allowed to go out alone. Unless there are bodyguards. Kaya wala rin akong naging kaibigan dahil bakit pa? Hindi ko naman mabibigay ang oras ko sakanila.

Sabi kasi nina Mom and Dad, we are from a wealthy family that competitors would do everything to bring down our business, or at least acquire it. Kaya it's better not to make any friends na rin.

I tried once, and never again.

"Audrey Claurrete Del Vierre." Announced ng speaker. It's time for my speech na pala, di ko napansin because I was busy with these thoughts.

I didn't really hear what I should do, but the mention of my name only means one thing. I have to deliver my speech.

"Good day, everyone," Just the mention of that brought applause from the audience. "I'm Audrey Claurrete Del Vierre, your Magna Cum Laude."

I did my speech infront which gain applause from the audiences and that made me happy. 

"I would like to congratulate everyone, not only the students and the parents, but also our teachers, for helping another batch of students make it. Congratulations to us all!" I ended.

Trouvaille Discovery (T.R.A.V.E.L SERIES # 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara