Chapter 61 ~ Opening Ceremony (4)

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He entered after one of the royal guards escorting them opened the door to the lounge, leaving the mother and son pair behind.

"Well then~ Let's go meet them, Alex~ I know you can't wait to meet her~"

"..."

"Ufufufu~ There's no need to be embarrassed at this point~ I saw you staring at her the moment we entered the venue~"

"...Let us make haste, mother. We shouldn't make them wait any longer."

"Ufufufu~ Okay~"

--------------------------------X--------------------------------

[Alterisa's POV]

Sitting around in the private guest lounge in the royal palace, mom and I chatted while drinking the tea the servants of the palace prepared for us along with some small snacks. Lu-nii was just sitting opposite of us quietly, joining in the conversation once in a while.

We are waiting for Sonia-sama, Alex, and Lily to come. Apparently, mom and Sonia-sama set this meeting up to relax after the opening ceremony since they haven't met each other for quite a while.

After a while, the huge, ornate double doors of the private guest lounge opened, revealing Sonia-sama's figure along with Alexus and Lily by her sides.

Mom, Lu-nii, and I stood up and greeted them with a bow and curtsy as they entered. And the moment the royal guard closed the door, Sonia-sama suddenly run to us with hurried steps.

"Lisa~!!! I've missed you~!!!"

"Sonia~!!! I've missed you too~!!"

Mom also run to her and hugged like a pair of lovers who haven't seen each other for years.

Well, since they're doing it~

"Risa-chan~!"

"Lily~! It's been a while~! I've missed you soooo much~!"

"I've missed you too~!"

Lily jumped and I catch her in my embrace, and we began squishing each other's cheeks like usual.

"Hey, good work on the parade. Did you get sunburnt?"

"Hello. Fortunately not. We've prepared our skins well with some ointments our alchemists prepared beforehand."

Meanwhile, Alexus and Lu-nii just fist-bumped each other.

"Risa-chan too~ It has been a while since we've met each other~ Do you miss me~?"

"S-Sonia-sama. P-Please not too strongly!"

Umph! I-I'm being suffocated by her twin heavenly pillows!

"Ufufufu~ You don't need to be embarrassed~ What a cutie~?"

W-Who's embarrassed?! I'm literally not breathing!"

"Well then~ Let's take a seat~ I'll have a maid prepare more stuff for us~"

"Uhn~"

Phew... I thought I'd see the gate of heaven there...

Well, to be fair, being in that position would be heaven for a lot of people.

A group of servants came quickly with tea and various desserts after we all sat down. They all placed it on the coffee table before us and left after Sonia-sama gave them her permission, and we all began chatting relaxedly.

Sonia-sama and mom immediately chatted with each other. They seemed to be talking about the private tea party mom will hold in our estate.

It's a once-a-year event where mom, Sonia-sama, and many other high-ranking noble ladies in their private little circle could gather and forget about their standings and just be the good friends that they are. I would be really excited too if it was me.