EP 2's Tea Party

In a dark and black space where only darkness was present, a swarm of golden glowing butterflies danced in the air, forming a rondo, enlightening the space before flying upward. A single and deep female voice was heard, laughing in a wicked manner as she only left the following words before disappearing.

"—See you in the next game."

After those words were uttered, the butterflies disappeared, signaling that the owner of the place, the Golden Witch, just left, leaving only these words as a farewell and a soon to be reunion.

Right after the last butterfly was gone, the place was once again dark before it was suddenly enlightened with blinding white lights as if the light was suddenly switched on by someone, which is impossible since nobody was supposed to be here.

When the lights dissipated a bit and it became more visible, what was inside the space was finally shown.

In a large octagon-shaped room with white walls and multiple large windows on it, composed of multiple layers of cube-shaped tiles in them. Single seat fancy sofas were placed next to each other, forming a circle together. And among one of those seats, a girl was sitting on it, her back resting against a large fluffy and high-quality pillow.

She looked like a girl that had yet crossed 10 years of age, with long straight steel-blue hair in a hime-cut, wearing a black and white Gothic Lolita dress with a blue ribbon, black shoes and long white socks and sipping a cup of tea elegantly. But the most special thing about her was the strange black cat tail ornate with a blue ribbon resting on the side of the sofa.

The girl then took her lips off from the teacup before staring at the brown liquid in it, showing emotionless and empty purple eyes on the reflection as she opened her mouth to speak: "...Sorry, things have gotten more troublesome, but don't worry about it."

Her voice, deep and smooth, didn't fit her childish and youthful appearance, that along with her solemn mannerisms gave her a too mature impression that didn't fit her looks, as if she was an adult in a child's body.

She was none other than the Witch of Miracles, Bernkastel, one of the witches of the Senate and a Voyager who can travel through different Fragments. It was unknown to whom she was speaking to since she was currently alone in the room, with the two other witches who were occupying it currently absent, but despite that she didn't stopped and continued, as if she was certain that someone can listen to her right now, it wasn't just her thinking aloud or anything like that.

"More importantly... things sure got ugly." She muttered as she put the cup containing her favorite 200 yen-cost pack of dried plum tea back onto the saucer after emptying it before carrying it in one hand and raising the other.

When she raised her hand high enough, she snapped her fingers together and after a 'CLICK' sound, the cup's form suddenly dissolved into a ball of light before dissolving in the air, as if it just disappeared by magic.

"I thought I had experienced some particularly gruesome ends in my game with Lambda... but this time... it's exceptionally horrible." Bernkastel put both her arms on the side of the handle on her sofa using them as a support to push herself on her feet and stand up; such an action was more fit for an elder who had reached the peak of their life instead of a young girl who still have youthfulness and vitality, but the void present in her eyes made her more fitting for the former comparison than the latter.

"It isn't as though I don't understand your desire to hug your knees and close your heart. If you meet that kind of end many more times, your heart could be killed without having to wait 100 years." She may intend to speak in a compassionate manner, her voice hardly had any emotion in it, thus making it seem more like an indifferent remark or sarcasm.