🌷Chapter 04: The Muldoon Family🌷

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀🌷🍀

I woke up to the sound of rattling in the kitchen. I changed into a long sleeved green checkered shirt, faded blue jeans, and brown ankle boots, then put my hair into a French braid and did my usual morning routine before making my way out of my room and into the kitchen, looking at Jack in confusion. "Uncle Jack, why on earth are you holding a lid to a tin and a cooking spoon like that? You look like you're using it as a shield and the spoon as a weapon as if you're going into battle. If it's a spider you're trying to catch-"

"This is no spider." He shook his head. "It's something bigger, and it's dripping."

I turned my head to what he was referring to, and to my confusion and surprise, it was a Leprechaun, but this one wasn't Mickey. I tried not to laugh as Jack moved closer with the spoon and poked the Leprechaun, making him groan.

Jack moved back in fright and leaned against the table while pointing at the Leprechaun. "You...You're a-"

"A Leprechaun." The Leprechaun answered for him. All Jack did was gasp with his mouth opening and closing like a fish as the Leprechaun spoke with a huff. "A wet Leprechaun."

I started laughing. "Well, he definitely isn't a spider, that's for sure."

"Most definitely not, las." The Leprechaun started to introduce himself to us. "Leader of the Kerry Leprechauns. Seamus Muldoon-" He did a mock bow. "-at your wet service."

A woman popped out of nowhere by the front door and narrowed her eyes at Seamus with her hands on her hips. "What in the Grand Banshee's name do you think you're doing?"

Seamus turned to the woman and gestured a hand to us. "You're blowin' it. I'm talking to the girl and her uncle."

The woman shook her head in disbelief. "Are you mad as well as stupid?"

"I have to!" Seamus rolled his eyes. "The man saved me!"

"He saved you?" The woman asked as if she didn't believe him.

Seamus nodded slightly. "Gallantly, I'd have to say without a thought for himself."

The woman marched right up to Seamus and pointed an accusing finger at him, making him avoid eye contact with her. "You were drunk!"

"Of course I was drunk." I chuckled because Seamus didn't even try to deny the fact that he was apparently drunk, which is why he is stood soaking wet. "I hate water!"

"And you let him save you?" The woman asked as she tried to dry the wet patch on the floor.

Seamus threw his arms up in exasperation. "I didn't ask him Mary. He just did it."