Cupid at University - Humble Beginnings

(f/s = favorite snack, f/d = favorite drink)

"Argh, this homework is so difficult!" Denki whined to his friends, who all agreed. Except for Bakugou, who told them all off for being lazy idiots.

Denki sighed, wishing he was back in his dorm, where he could listen to the new show that everyone had been hyping up. He had heard all kinds of things, like how it was school-funded and the host of the show was a smoking hot goddess... Not that he listened to those kinds of rumors anyways!

He was glad that this study session would end at 5, giving him half an hour until the show started. He sighed again, returning to the boring history homework.

~One week prior~

"Aisha, Leo, and Yasushi start working on the website. Hataru, work on profiles for each cast member, and ask Kiyoko for help if you need it. We might need you for pictures later. Kiyoko, start working on the script with Y/n. Kayo, go around and keep the morale up. Saki, make sure everyone is on task while I go to get snacks. What does everyone want to drink?"

With Dachi's words got everyone working and assigned each their place in our group. Kiyoko stared at Y/n, seeming nervous. Y/n decided a little bit of divine intervention couldn't hurt and blew a kiss her way. Kiyoko froze up, but within a few seconds relaxed with a smile.

"I was thinking..." Kiyoko's voice was quiet, and amongst the chatter, Y/n had to lean in to hear her. "What if the podcast featured anonymous stories and love advice for listeners? If it was interactive, more people would like it, especially knowing these were real stories happening in real time. Not to mention, having the potential to seek help from an expert and or be on a real show would bring a lot of attention." She tapped her pencil against her lip as she spoke, in a way that made it almost endearing.

"I love it." Y/n said. "We could do it in sections, where we do weekly advice, and then a weekly love story. And for the admissions, we could do them anonymously sent over the website, or in person, depending on how comfortable each person is with it. We could have the website set up where you can ask to co-host for a week, then a section for anonymous submissions. And we could do one of each!"

Kiyoko smiled, noting down each idea. "I really like that. Though, we will have to keep names to a minimum, even in person, just so we don't scare people away. Maybe ask each person what they are comfortable with."

"Of course! Now, do we want an intro song or phrase or anything?"

"Hm..." Kiyoko went quiet, jotting down a few ideas. While she was doing that, Y/n glanced over at Leo, who was staring at Dachi while Aiesha tried to get him to focus. She chuckled, knowing just how hopeless Leo was. As flirtatious as he pretended to be, when it came to people he really liked, he got all flustered and couldn't talk without becoming a blushing mess.

She pulled out my phone and sent him a text.

Cupid 💘: Just ask him out already

Lion 🦁: No way in hell. He's too cute!!! I'd die on the spot

Cupid 💘: Scaredy-Cat. And I thought your name meant lion 🙄

Leo shot her a look across the room, making her snicker. She nodded towards Dachi, then formed a heart shape with her thumbs and pointer fingers, giggling silently. Leo stuck his tongue out at her, and she let out a quiet snort. "Loser," Y/n mouthed silently. He flipped her off and started furiously sketching on his sketchbook, seeming to make Aiesha happy.

Kiyoko tapped Y/n on the shoulder and turned her notebook so she could see, pointing towards lines of neat handwriting in quotation marks. One in particular caught Y/n's eye. She held up three fingers, signifying which one she liked best. Kiyoko smiled and nodded, then began on her very first script.

Soon enough, Hataru called Y/n over for a portrait. "We need a portrait of our adorable host! It's 100% necessary!" She brought Y/n into a corner she had set up for photography, and sat her down on a chair.

She began to pose her, making Y/n feel like a Barbie doll, getting all dressed up and posed around, like a toy. She didn't particularly love it, especially when Hataru attempted to touch her wings in order to 'pose them correctly'.

When the portrait was finally over, Y/n felt utterly exhausted. Luckily, that was when Dachi returned, his arms full of snacks and drinks. Y/n happily grabbed f/s from the pile, as well as f/d. After a quick sip of f/d, she sat back down with Kiyoko. The quiet girl was a nice break from the chatter of the working group.

Kiyoko didn't seem to notice Y/n, much to absorbed in the script to care. Her brother, Kayo, tapped her on the shoulder with a smile. "You're spacing, Kiki." He said. Kiyoko, jumped, apologizing profusely to Y/n.

"No worries! I'm glad you're invested in the script. Can I see what you have?" Y/n asked. Kiyoko nodded and handed her the notebook. Y/n read over it with increasing interest. "I like this a lot so far!" She looked up, her eyes suddenly zeroing in on Kiyoko's soulmate profile.

The boy's name was Kame Mizuno. He seemed sweet, from what Y/n could tell. She smiled, happy for Kiyoko. They would meet on September 28th, two years from now. They would eventually get married. The information made Y/n happy, but she couldn't help the small ache in her heart.

That was the thing about being a Goddess of Love. While you could see and effect everyone around you and their love lives, you could never see your own soulmate.

Y/n didn't even know if she had one. Her mother had never told her, and her father had expressively told Y/n to avoid romantic endeavors of her own. She found it ironic, seeing as how he had gotten married at 22.

Whatever. It didn't matter. Y/n was happy. She was just like everyone else, she supposed, with no idea on if she would ever meet anyone who loved her to the extent she was capable of living them.

That, she didn't mind, even if she did wish she could at least get a hint. But that's not how love works.

End of Chapter.