a new companion? (Jean-Pierre)

One would think it didn't take all too long to get on the cable car to Autumn Mountain, which was incredibly close to Overlook Tower. Especially when it wasn't crossing the distance of something like the Great Sea, or Scorching Sandpaper Desert.

Apparently, it took at least an hour's worth of preparation beforehand.

Jean-Pierre wasn't sure if it was out of caution for the next area, the need to recover from their battle on top of Overlook Tower, or if it was to keep an eye on Jean-Pierre before heading out. Not that bothered Jean-Pierre much - it was to be expected, and they'd be a fool to think otherwise. What they were more concerned with was how much longer it'd take to leave. They weren't one for long waits - not that they were impatient, but surely it'd be best to get on the road as soon as possible? I guess this is my punishment for thinking this would be a good idea...

In the meanwhile, Jean-Pierre decided to sit off to the side, working on their backpack. It was still damaged from their fight with Mario and Olivia, but from what Jean-Pierre could tell, it was still functional - despite the holes their own missiles had punched into it. Inside it were a few dull red pencils, crookedly placed in the missile slots. Next to them was the pencil sharpener, slightly worn out from several years of use. Rusted brown spots flecked it, sticking out against its otherwise bland grey appearance. Jean-Pierre wished that they could fix up the sharpener, or get more pencils for their weapon, but they doubted it could happen any time soon. Especially not with Mario and Olivia...

They'd just have to make do with what they had.

Carefully dislodging one pencil, they inserted it into the small space for the sharpener - soon the soft whirl of the pencil sharpener began to hum. They ignored any odd gazes full of suspicion as they did so, though they couldn't help but be bothered by it to some degree. It isn't worth it to start anything with the townsfolk here. Besides that, it'd likely only serve to bring them more negative attention - something that they could especially use less of if they were to get to Robin sooner rather than later. If they simply ignored it, then any negative attention received still wouldn't completely fall onto Jean-Pierre's shoulders. Still annoying, but...more tolerable, I suppose.

After a bit, the quiet humming came to a sudden halt. Getting a firm grip on the pencil's end, Jean-Pierre pulled it out, blowing on the now sharp point. Bits of lead were chipped off, the wood also looking to be peeled off - regardless, it appeared more ready for quick use, albeit the desaturated hue. At least it's still usable. The pencils fading in colour were less than ideal, not at their full potential. However, it was something they couldn't complain about. They still had some ammunition, at the very least. They placed the pencil back in its original slot, reaching for another red pencil. Following the same steps, Jean-Pierre began to sharpen the next pencil.

I wonder how much longer they'll take. It had been a while since Mario and Olivia had gone inside of the nearby museum - Jean-Pierre wasn't sure why, exactly, but they weren't going to bother them about it. They didn't particularly care much, and it was unlikely that either one of them would tell Jean-Pierre. Either way, they didn't get what would be keeping the two for so long.

Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise. After all, the less time they spent with them, the less questions they would have to answer. They couldn't risk being caught onto so early - or at least, give an uncomfortable amount of room for them to guess who or where their sibling was. I wouldn't be surprised if they try getting more information about me, or about Olly's plan. They weren't going to risk that. It could lead to them being unable to get to Autumn Mountain, and by extension, Robin.

Hopefully it doesn't get to that point, but...

Soon enough, Jean-Pierre spotted the two from the corner of their eye, exiting the nearby museum. Took them long enough. They glanced around the area for a while, before noticing Jean-Pierre sitting on the bench - the two walked over to them, the caution ever present in their faces. It can't be helped, I suppose. They took out the pencil currently being sharpened, and placed it back in its original slot. It's not at its best, but it'll have to do.