chapter 8

NATASHA KING

I was in that drowsy state in between sleep but not quite awake yet. I was on my side, my hands tucked into a ball in front of me when I felt strong muscular hands pull my nightgown up until it rested by my hips.

"I'm gonna make you beg," my husband whispered in my ear. "You're gonna have to work if you want to come," he commanded, his fingers making their way from my waist towards the center between my legs.

"Please," I breathed, my head tilting back towards his body.

I rubbed my legs together trying to get more friction to bring me my release. His hand rubbed faster and harder against my clit as his mouth hovered over my neck, teasing and biting me, marking me as his.

"So pretty when you beg," he whispered into my ear as my body shuddered underneath his.

"Please. Fuck, I-"

I woke up with wide eyes and sweat dripping down my forehead.

I quickly got up but with a pounding headache as everything came rushing in. I glanced to my left hand and noticed the 14-carat, princess cut diamond ring.

I'm married. I'm a wife. And I have a husband... who hates me.

After taking a few deep breaths, I looked around the room but I couldn't find Nick. At least that meant I could get ready for the day in peace. I found a dress hanging on the back of the bathroom door with a makeup bag and heels.

After taking a shower and some advils to cure the pounding in my headache, I stepped outside of the hotel room only to be met by an older man with graying hair, a black and white suit on, and a gray hat showing that he was clearly on Nick's- my husband's payroll.

"Mrs.King," he greeted, nodding towards the expansive hallway which was empty. I followed him through the hotel all the way to the car where he got into the driver's seat and just now... I realized I had no clue where he was taking me.

"Um- sir?" Jesus what his name?

"Albert will do," he commented, his eyes focused on the road as I focused on him through the mirror.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked cautiously. Knowing Nick, he'd probably want to torture me by pushing me around like some doll.

"Your home Mrs.King."

"Oh."

I was familiar with Nick's place where Valerie, his sister, had taken me to sometimes ... until he had caught me in his office. He thought I had been snooping around, working with his enemies hellbent on finding a way to take him down. And then I saw something I shouldn't have and ever since then, our relationship has been nothing but pure hatred for each other.

The car pulled up to the front of the house, eliciting old memories to resurface. The house still looked the same, dark and light gray bricks held the house up, a perfectly manicured lawn with no flowers, and trees on both sides of the house so no one would ever hear the tortuous cries coming from the basement. Does he even have a basement? It's probably more like a dungeon.

Albert kindly opened the door for me before leading me into the house where several maids had lined up to- to greet me? I looked back at Albert hoping he could see my confusion and lead me to a reasonable explanation.

Albert cleared his throat before speaking up, "The maids Mrs.King. Since you are the head of the household-" of course since I am the wife- "you will be instructing the ladies as to how you want things done around here."

Albert stepped back as I looked around the house. I was standing in the lobby, a tan and red carpet laid vertically leading to one set of gray stairs. To my left and right, were living room and family room areas but everything looked in order and who was I to come in and change these workers' normal work day?

"Everything is fine," I smiled and thanked them before letting them return to their work.

"Your room Mrs.King," a maid said before leading me up the stairs and in the same direction of Nick's room. I was sleeping right next to his bedroom... cue the fake enthusiasm.

"Is it possible to get another room on the other side of-"

"I'm sorry Mrs.King but he said to bring you here and not to negotiate with you for another room."

Slowly breathing in and out, I glanced at the maid who looked scared to no end before entering my room. The room had a palish carpet, a bed to the right with fluffy chairs next to each side, a dresser and tv mounted directly across from the bed. White curtains covered the glass windows and the bathroom was located right next to the tv. White marble lined the floor of the bathroom, the sink to my right and the bathtub to the left with a walk in shower on the right.

I sat on the edge of the bed, kicking off my heels as my thoughts finally caught up with me. My emotions got the better of me as I thought about how I had to play the part of a wife for the rest of my life now. I'm not a person, only an object in a game. 

----------

A/N

Thank you so much for 1.5 K reads! 

Thoughts? Opinions?

Double Update today! 

Don't forget to vote!