Jiwoo threw her pen down on her notebook, "I give up."

Jake laughed at her. "It's pretty easy when you get the point."

"But I don't get it!" She replied as she brushed a strand of hair out of her face. There was a brief silence between the two friends, until Jiwoo interrupted the silence, "Can you help anyway?"

Jake chuckled and nodded down when his best friend asked that question. She's cute...

"Sure," he said and began explaining the question to Jiwoo with a wide smile on his face.

-

"Thanks again for helping," Jiwoo said to Jake with a smile on her face as they walked through the hallways of the school.

They had just finished completing Jiwoo's homework and were now on their way to her locker, to put her book in it.

Jake turned her head to her and smiled back. "No problem," he said back to her, "I'll always help you if you need anything."

Jiwoo giggled. "Thanks."

They arrived at Jiwoo's locker. She opened it and put her math book in it. Then she slammed it shut, turned herself around and leaned against the lockers with her back.

A deep sigh left her mouth.

"Tired?"

She hummed as a reply, "Very."

Jake chuckled and went to stand in front of Jiwoo, who had her head pointed at the ground. He stared at her for a moment, admiring her beautiful features. "You have to work tonight I guess?" He asked her after a while.

Jiwoo looked up and nodded up and down. "And then not again until the weekend, but I so don't feel like going to work today," She sighed deeply, "But I have no other choice."

"Then just don't go, right?"

Jiwoo frowned her eyebrows as she stared at Jake seriously. He looked back at her with his innocent eyes. "But I can't just skip work, can I?"

"Of course you can," he replied, "Why wouldn't you then? You can also say you're sick, Eunji can't snitch on you anyway because she doesn't have work today."

She sighed deeply and shrugged. "Just do it," Jake continued, "No one to say anything about it."

"Okay fine," Jiwoo finally said after Jake convinced her to skip work. "But if I get caught it's your fault!"

Jake giggled for a moment before the school bell rang. He walked over to Jiwoo and put his hand on her back. "Let's go to the cafeteria."

Jiwoo nodded with a smile on her face and walked along with him. The classrooms were emptying and the hallways were filling up.

-

The last few stairs before the two friends would arrive at the first floor, where the cafeteria was located, where they were also walking to. Both of them had to laugh at a joke.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Jiwoo said as she was laughing out loud. Also Jake was laughing out loud.

Jiwoo her laughter slowly disappeared and stopped in the middle of the stairs. Jake, who saw that Jiwoo suddenly stopped walking, also stopped. "What is it?" He asked her.

She looked to the bottom of the stairs, where she saw Sunghoon coming up the stairs by himself. Her cheeks became red as soon as she saw him.

Jake looked in the same direction as Jiwoo and saw him. He knew that she had a huge crush on him. He sighed deeply because of jealousy before turning his head back to Jiwoo.

"Jiwoo, maybe we should get out of here. It's dangerous to be in the middle of the stairs like this-"

"Ah~"

Jake was interrupted by a scream coming from Jiwoo's mouth. His mouth fell wide open as he saw Jiwoo receive a push on her back, causing her to fall forward down the stairs.

Everyone on the stairs was startled by the sudden scream. Also Sunghoon. He looked up and saw a girl suddenly falling down, heading straight in his direction. His eyes widened.

"Jiwoo!" Jake reached out his hand to grab her, but she fell too fast.

"Jake!" Jiwoo also reached out her hand to grab Jake's, but it had no use at all. She was going to fall...

She shut her eyes tightly, not wanting to see what was going to happen with her. She heard Jake yell her name. She pursed her lips, her ankle hitting a few stairs.

You could hear students scream, laugh, whisper and talk to each other and,

Bang!

...