21: Minus One

Começar do início

When he laughed, Zayn looked away and exhaled. That wasn't funny at all. Especially considering he actaully had gotten a boy pregnant too soon. Which made this even worse. Because now that he knew about Benjamin, his son was always going to be in his life from this point forward. But if his own father didn't even know about his son, he damn sure wasn't going to tell Louis' step father first over some dinner. He was going to have to continue to keep it a secret.

"When were you talking about doing this?"

"Let's do it this weekend. Sunday dinners are usually a fun time to do it."

"This Sunday?"

"Yeah. This Sunday at six at my place. Why? Did you have plans?"

"No. But I think it's too soon."

Louis signed the bottom of the paper and then looked at Zayn with a smile. "It'll be exactly three months this Sunday. It's more than time, babe. Trust me. It'll be fine. I'm sure he will love you."

Zayn was just standing there in place so Louis took it upon himself to plant a kiss on his lips.

"I'm going to put this away, then go home and start planning what we should have for dinner. Oh. And make sure you dress nice. Okay?"

"Okay."

When Louis headed off to get his things, Zayn groaned quietly to himself. He didn't mean to pout like a child but what else was he supposed to do? He obviously didn't want to go to dinner. But how was he supposed to explain it and justify his reasons when he just had sex with him like he was making love? It was time to start thinking of a way out of this relationship. Because he knew now for sure that he just didn't want to be in it anymore.

➡️ ➡️ ➡️

"Tell the truth, Professor Payne. Is it taking me too long to write this story?" Harry asked.

The professor smiled but shook his head. "No. It isn't. You might be surprised to know the average author spends six months on a story. But you've only been writing yours since late November. So according to my calculations you actually still have about three months more to spare."

"Oh. Good. Because I feel like I'm wasting your time. I know this is important research to you."

"Yes. But it only matters if it's accurate. So if it isn't accurate, then it defeats the purpose of even doing this."

"True."

"So there you have it. Take as much time as you need. I am okay with waiting if it means I get your best work."

Harry smiled as he thought about how patient his Professor had been with him. But admiring that quality about him only reminded Harry of how patient Liam was in all aspects. But there was one major aspect that required his immediate attention.

"Professor Payne."

"Yes?"

"Is it alright if I talk to you as Liam right now?"

"Sure. What's on your mind?"

Harry closed his journal and brought his socked feet up on the couch under his body.

"I have to tell you something and I have a feeling that you won't like it."

"I won't?"

"No. Because it's about us. Us, us."

"You don't want casual sex anymore." He stated.

Harry was taken back.

"What? How did you know?"