☆ Feelings [SHORT] ☆

He could not fathom what he was feeling. It was like he was a mug, slowly being filled with warm water. His rubber face turned redder and heated up the more he was stroked and petted on the head. He did not understand why, but he was happy.

Perhaps it was because of his programming, which made him have most of the qualities of an average human being. Of course, he wasn't human. He was only a recreation of the human mind. If that's so, then it must be normal for humans to heat up and feel tingly when they are being stroked on the head. Such a strange response to touch, he thought, yet he wasn't complaining.

Or perhaps it was because he was being stroked by the most beautiful and gentle soul he has ever met in his life. He never would've thought he'd have feelings for any organic lifeform, yet here he was. Having feelings. Maybe it was the softness of their palms. Maybe it was their soothing voice. Maybe it was their warm body temperature. He wasn't entirely sure what caused these feelings.

"I love you," the being whispered to him, causing him to heat up more. He felt the need to smile and squeeze them tight in his arms, never letting them go, but he held in the urge only because he doesn't wish to harm someone like them with such a fragile, organic body. Love. That word was confusing to him. What does it mean, exactly? Is it the feelings he was experiencing at that moment? Or the emotional connection he had with this being? 

So many questions, so little answers. Yet he felt that looking for such answers was unimportant. At that moment, he was experiencing something beyond simple happiness. An upgraded form of bliss.