2; Reunion

A/N yeas more updates sorry I haven't updated in a while, been busy with teenage stuffy stuff. Anyway enjoy .

Aria called for (y/n) to be transferred to her base in the military. Which meant leaving Winry, Alphonse....and Edward....

(y/n) fought back tears as she packed her bags. She was frantically trying to stuff all her clothes and possessions into her (f/c) rucksack, and nearly knocked over a photo on her bedside table. She caught it in her left hand as she tripped over her own feet and fell down on the floor on top of her bag. She got up and dusted herself off before looking at the photograph in her hands.

It was a picture of her and Edward before Trisha had died. It was Christmas, and the two had been given a cool stone pigeon to share between them. Edward was holding one side of it, and (y/n) was holding the other, and in the picture, their hands are meeting ever so slightly. It was causing (y/n) to blush beet red. H

She heard a knock on her door and she quickly placed the cherished photo of the two into her bag before slinging it over her right shoulder and answering the door.

It was Edward, with red, puffy eyes, his blonde hair a mess, his posture sad, and his heart broken.

"Hi (y/n).." He said in a sad voice

"Hey Ed." She smiled comfortingly to him as he wiped his painful eyes. He had been crying. She could easily tell.

"I'm going to take you to the train, okay?" He half demanded, half begged for her to accept. She simply smiled sadly and nodded her head.

She didn't want to go, he didn't want her to go, but Aria had called her, as it was the order of the Colonel that the last Elemental was to be protected. And apparently, the safest place was in the military.

Edward and (y/n) walked together peacefully. Enjoying the comfortable but sad silence before their separation.

Ed saw the train approach the station and grabbed (y/n)s hand before pulling her into a long, affectionate hug.

"I'll miss you..." He whispered, his eyes filling with tears and his heart breaking.

(y/n) kissed his cheek. "I'll miss you too, " she said, and hopped onto the train before the tears could spill over her already teary eyes..

~

Five years later. (y/n) became the state Elemental. And was given her title. "The Crystalline Elemental" it had a nice grand ring to it. Aria was appointed the state's lead warrior.

It was a normal sunny day and (y/n) was leaning against the wall as Riza Hawkeye approached her.

"Crystalline, Colonel Mustang wants to see you." She said.

(y/n) nodded and made her way to Mustang's office. She opened the door, and stepped inside. She almost fainted at the sight before her. The boy sanding before her turned and looked at her. His golden eyes widened.

"(y/n)?" He breathed.

"Edward!"