Tick... Tick...

"What would you like to do now?" she asked. "Danny?"

He jolted, tearing his eyes off their reflection in the window of the souvenir shop. Kajsa peeked as well. She'd say they looked very good together, but her opinion was surely biassed. She didn't wear heels today, and with her fingers locked with his, her arm was pressed to his from wrist to shoulder.

"Pardon?"

"What would you like to do now?" she asked.

He looked at his watch. "We could have coffee and some pudding," he offered. "Isn't it traditional for Nordic people?"

Kajsa chuckled. "Ah, yes, there's fika in Sweden. And in other Nordic countries, people do tend to have afternoon tea. Have you researched that too?"

She simply loved how his eyes smiled, even when his lips didn't.

"Like I said, dating you is a steep learning curve," he answered. "Is there a good dessert place among those approved by your security?"

"There are a couple." Kajsa nodded. "But I was also wondering whether you have dinner plans, and if they involve me."

He lifted his eyebrows questioningly.

"You see, if they do, then I either need to change for dinner in a restaurant, or to cook dinner if it's at my place," she explained and couldn't hold back a small laugh. "Will you tell me that I'm really direct, again?"

She'd noticed it about him by now - he never answered hastily. There was a pause, and then he said calmly, "I appreciate how direct you are. I haven't dated for a while. I think I'd struggle with the protocol if you weren't."

"Last time I was on a date was about ten years ago, so it's we're in 'the blind leading the blind' sort of a situation," Kajsa snorted. "Perhaps, it's for the best. Since neither of us knows the protocol, no one will be upset if we break some unspoken rule."

The left corner of his lips curled up. Although initially she'd asked him, it seemed that just as usual he wasn't planning to take reins.

Kajsa smiled at him and said, "Let's cook dinner at my place and watch a film, if you have no other preference."

He nodded silently. Kajsa had just caught - and, as ridiculous as it was, swooned over - another Danny Carter quirk. The man had just given her a very cat-like 'slow blink!' Pursing his lips ever so slightly, his gaze momentarily attentive and warm, he slowly lowered his lashes - and then they fluttered open, and his lips twitched in a shadow of smile. It was a prominent, unusual gesture - and Kajsa's heart skipped a beat.

"And this way we can let Berg go and enjoy the rest of his Sunday," Kajsa added, and Carter threw a quick glance to his left.

Kajsa wasn't keeping track of where Berg was, but apparently Carter had.

***

"Would you have another one?" Carter asked, when Kajsa took an apron out of a drawer.

Kajsa gave him a surprised look.

"I only have one, but you can have it." She handed the item to him. "I can just change into something more casual."

Carter nodded and put the looped strap around his neck. He looked so charming, focusing on tying the belt around his waist, that Kajsa had to habitually clasp her hands behind her back. A second ago she'd thought that perhaps she needed to ask him whether he'd like to order take-away instead - but now she decisively wasn't. Danny Carter in an apron was just too delicious of a view!

"What are we cooking?" he asked, lifting his eyes at her.

"What can you cook?" she asked cheekily.