Ch.9

📍Elaine's House
Elaine (1st person pov)
Sunday, 8:30pm

I feel water. Hitting my legs, my arms, my chin. The tears won't stop flowing. I'm speechless. I sit there for a good 5 minutes with my face in my hands, left with nothing else to do.

When I snap out of it, I grab my phone and go to messages. But I don't go to the 'R.E.L GC', I go to mine and Elliot's messages.

Elliot
Me: please don't be busy

Elliot: ofc not. Why

Me: can u come over

Elliot: yea lemme ask rue if she's free

Me: no not rue. Just you

Elliot: o ok. Otw now
_______

༄ ༄ ༄

I hear the 7 rhythmic knocks at the door and immediately know who it is. I unlock and open the door for Elliot. He comes in and sits on the couch that Nate sat on, I sit on the one opposite. He has a smile on his face until he looks at mine, his drops.

"Have you been crying? What's wrong?" He asks.

"Uh." I say looking down. "Nate was just here.."

"Tall abusive white guy Nate?" He asks, trying to figure out where this is going.

"Yea."

"And?"

"He was talking to me about what Fez did to him. His face was all beat up. Supposedly Fez did some really bad things to him." I slowly explain.

"Lainey, what does this have to do with you crying?" He asks anxiously.

"He was going on about the things he could do and things he knew about me and..." I lower my head. "He knows about us, Elliot.."

"Us?"

"What we did over the summer. He knows." I say quietly.

It's silent. He pauses for a second and runs his hand over his mouth. He then runs a hand through his hair.

"Fuck." He whispers.

I look back up at him.

"How does he know?" He begins.

"Elliot, I don't know. I didn't tell a soul, I know that. For a fucking fact, I know that. Did you tell anyone? Like, at all? Think hard."

He looks into the air for a minute before he looks back at me.

"I don't know, I might told a few guys at a game or something when I first moved." He admits.

"Elliot." I lower my head into my hands in disappointment.

"Lainey, I didn't know. I didn't even know you were gonna go to my school. I thought you were just a summer hookup. I didn't know- God, I'm sorry." He puts his head into his hands also.

We sit like this for a minute.

"What does he want you to do?" He asks.

"He said to get Fez under control or he'll tell all this shit about me to everyone." I say in an irritated tone.

"Did you tell him you already tried that?"

"Yes, Elliot. I told him I already tried that." I snark.

"Sorry. Just trying to-"

"No, I know. Um, I think you should go now." I say as I stand up.

"What?"

"I just wanted to tell you. Didn't wanna be alone for a minute. But I think I'm okay now, I honestly just want to go to bed." I tell him.

"Oh uh, okay." He stammers as he stands up.

I open the door for him and he walks out.

"Thanks, Elliot!" I yell to him as he walks down my driveway. He puts a thumbs up in the air and keeps walking.

I lock the door and put my back to it. I wish everything outside of this door would just disappear. I let out a sigh as I go over to the couch and pick up my blueberries. My warm blueberries.

I take my bag and walk up the stairs to my room. I take off my shoes, throw down my bag, strip, and hop under the covers. Now, I wish everything outside of this bed would disappear. I dread today. I dread my choices. I dread this situation. I dread Nate Jacobs. Nate fucking Jacobs.