Chapter 4- Executive Manager

The next day, back on the Air Temple Island, Korra's airbending training was still not going well.

After her frustration boils over, she destroys the training gates with her firebending.

My whole families eyes agape.

"That was a 2,000 year old historical treasure." Dad breathes out in disbelief. "What- what is wrong with you?!" he screams.

"There's nothing wrong with me!" Korra shoots back. "I've been practicing, just like you taught me. But it isn't sinking in, okay?"

"Still doesn't give you the right to destroy a thousand historical artifact."

Dad places his hands on my shoulder. "It's okay." He then turns to Korra. "This isn't something you can force. If you would only listen to me."

"I have been!" Korra growls. "But you know what I think? Maybe the problem isn't me. Maybe the reason I haven't learned airbending yet is because you're a terrible teacher."

I narrow my eyes at the Avatar. What gives her the right to talk to my father like that?

Dad angrily grunts at Korra as she storms away.

"Yeah, you're a terrible teacher, daddy." Meelo says, kicking the burned pieces of the gate and running around.

My sisters and I all huddle next to dad, embracing him in a hug.

That evening my family and I are all settling down for dinner.

Mom approaches with dinner. "Okay, everyone here? Wait, where's Korra?"

"Probably burning down the training room." I murmur.

Dad places his hands on his temples. "Honestly, Pema, I am at my wit's end with that girl. I- I don't know how to get through to her."

Mom places the food on the table and wraps her arm around dad. "Dear, the best thing you can do right now is to give Korra some space."

Dad's eyes widen as he looks at my siblings. "You must promise me that your teenage years won't be like this."

Everyone blankly stares at him.

Jinora slowly takes her eyes away from her book. "I will make no such promises."

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

Hours later, Korra and I are back at the arena, ready to watch another match.

We walk into the locker room to see Mako and Bolin looking completely devastated.

"We didn't miss your match, did we?" Korra asks. "You guys look like you lost already."

"We might as well have." Bolin responds, glooming on the bench.

Mako's arms are crossed as he is leaning against the wall. "Hasook's a no good no show."

I quietly laugh to myself. "Pussy."

Mako's eyebrows furrow as he notices my presence.

The door suddenly opens. "You got two minutes to come out ready to play or you're disqualified."

"Well, there goes our shot at the tournament," Mako tsks. "And the winnings."

"Can't you ask one of those guys to fill in?" Korra ask, pointing to some other team's players in the room with us.

"Nah," Bolin sighs. "The rules say you can only
compete on one team."

"Well, then...how about Korra?" I suggest.

Korra's face lights up. "Yeah, I'm a top-notch waterbender, if I do say so myself."

"But you're the Avatar.." Bolin says looking at his brother for approval. "Isn't that cheating?"