"Yes-"

I was pulled into the brightness and in a twinkle of an eye, I was no longer in the Wilsons' house-

An ear-splitting shriek. "TRUCK!!!"

Bruno turned the stirring wheel in one sharp move and the Chevy swerved away from the direction of the massive red truck.

"I'm taking back what I said. I don't trust you," I cried causing him to laugh.

I was in Bruno's car with him driving. With all the windows slid down, the cold December wind was stroking our faces. I looked all around me and realized we weren't in New York anymore. We were on some dark road along a stretch of trees and meadows. It was not snowing but it was absolutely cold.

"What on earth happened?" I exclaimed.

"We went through a portal," he replied, eyes trained on the road.

"A portal."

"Yeah. It's a five-dimensional door for rapid travel. It takes you where you want to go. Just think of that place once you go through it and instantly you're there," he explained.

"That must've been what transported me from Meredith's apartment to our hotel room in a snap," I wondered out loud. "But how is there a portal in the Wilsons' house?"

"Portals always link to a main portal. The main portal is in Meredith's apartment. That's where I went through to get to the Wilsons' house instantly. I burst from the same door to the powder room."

"That's pretty dope but is the portal still there? What if they go into it? They might catch us," I asked, curiosity tickling my mind.

"Meredith made sure it closes once we are transported," he answered. "Don't worry, Harris. Everything is all planned out."

"Portals, huh," I muttered, shifting my eyes towards my window. "Transporting through such magical doors is probably why she sometimes just appears out of nowhere."

"No. I don't think she activates the portal often. She told me going through portals is very risky. That's why it took me a lot of pleading to make her let me go through it."

For a moment, I had to pinch myself mentally just to check if I was not dreaming this. I feasted my eyes on the sight of him. He was in a suit and tie, hair done in a pompadour, his face crafted by the gods in such a way that it would break hearts when he grew up.

"Where are you taking me, Bruno Mars?" I asked.

"You'll see." Half of his lips smiled. His fingers felt for the radio and turned it up.

sweater weather || the neighbourhood

I untied my hair letting it be blown by the wind. My arm I extended out the window like how I do it when I was dancing, feeling the wind as it brushed my flesh. A giggle, I heard myself giggled, joy swelling up in my heart. I glanced at Bruno and found that he was observing me, a smile lingering on his pretty face. He shifted his gaze back to the road. I drew my attention back to the outside world, to the valleys and trees, the stars and the sky, the only things here to witness how much I was bursting with happiness I wanted to dance.

I squeezed my upper body out the window, balancing my hands on the brace. I closed my eyes because that's what you do when you cherish the moment. You don't have to see, you just have to feel. The wind caressed my cheeks and carried away with it all the worries in the world. In my own mind, I was dancing, I was spinning, I was so dizzy with happiness. I opened my eyes and smiled back at the sky.

Bruno rolled the car out of the road and into the meadows. I slid my body in and gazed at where we were heading, curious. There was a cliff and close to it stood a tree. The cliff was overlooking the city, a black expanse like the galaxy dotted with countless constellations and planets and rocks and all of the amazing and unreachable things beyond this world. "This is..." the rest of my sentence went missing as I looked at the place in awe.

He stopped the car where it was facing the edge of the cliff.

We were in California. "This is where we had our wedding," I said looking at him in excitement.

He only grinned, and then jumped out of the car. I watched him walk towards my door. He opened it and I stepped out wearing the widest smile and the brightest eyes. "That was so fun!" I got a lot more things to say than just that but the words in my head melted away as he, without any warning, held my face and kissed me

and just like that. Just. Like. That. All the heartache he caused me, all the bitterness I felt towards him lost existence. It was like magic, just a slight wave of a wand and everything was perfect.

.

***Music: Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood

Author's Note: Just in case you haven't seen the trailer bc wattpad is being a bitch, I posted it again lol